D22 YD25 Airbox problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomski

Reaction score
hi just about had it with nissan anything bought this D22 new in 2011
all the crap you have to though & money it was going to be my last vehicle
as on pension.
the last thing i had problems with flat spot at 2600 - 3000 rpm on hills etc.
i was thinking bad fuel any way got home from Newcastle did a lot of things found here each time a little better including useless neutral S/W.
now fitting a final 2 micron filter K&N air filter farking thing always looked crap to me now the plastic on filter box bottom one of course broke should have better clamping & more than 3

sorry for ranting on but as a disabled person is had to work on the crap hence why i got a new one only done 95K.

so where do i get hold of another one ?don't say nissan
is there anybody who has done a mod that want to sell their old one ? please
please dont come up with the ford mod i got 2 batteries
again 2011 str yd 25
i am in sydney
:deadhorse2: :saberfighting: :shotgun:
Tom

dont think so

airbox end is under a bit of tension hence the clamps
would be ok in the middle of outback to get home

Tom

Amayama sells a lot of genuine stuff at half the price.
There are other spares sites you can try as well, Amazon, Spares box.......
You would probably need a part number which means a call to your favourite dealer though.

hey i lost the bottom clip on mine/ broke off.
I just got the biggest cable tie i could fit in there and a little bit of skilka flex around the edge and pulled it tight...
been through river crossing which have been above the hood line and havn't had a fault with the trusty cable tie yet

that is what i got a steel cable tie also my bottom clip plastic broke really pis weak went for a mini not a 4wd
still dont like silicone to hard to clean ever time cleaning the filter

never liked this filter from 1st time i changed element
going to try & make a plate front & rear then 2 long threaded rods screwed together seen a filter at wreckers wants to much they probably stuff up also
continue to fix nissans fark ups :deadhorse2:
Tom

you must have a dud as i have zero issues with my filter box. there all made of the same material and thickness plus same clips going by other makes i have owned. when this box is clip sealed there is bugger all tension on the lid to base for anything to break. :rofl2:

Latest posts

Back