Double row timing chain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlito

Reaction score
Greetings all, I've recently bought a d22 2.5 diesel and im well aware of timing chain issues with this engine. Does anyone know of a mechanical in the Sydney area that does double row timing chain conversion without charging an arm and leg?

I'm guessing it's a more recent d22 to have the 2.5 and not the 3.0
I believe the timing chain ( And more so the chain tensioners ) were more of an issue on the older d40 2.5. Not to say that the newer d40s or the d22s were completely in the clear.

Is there any rattley cold start noise? Or would it just be for peace of mind?

I'm guessing it's a more recent d22 to have the 2.5 and not the 3.0
I believe the timing chain ( And more so the chain tensioners ) were more of an issue on the older d40 2.5. Not to say that the newer d40s or the d22s were completely in the clear.

Is there any rattley cold start noise? Or would it just be for peace of mind?
The d22 has had the yd25 in it since late 2008, so they're still getting fairly old.

As you said though, the issues only really seem to affect the d40s.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

I don't recall any D22s with timing chain faults that could have been caused by the chain being faulty/stretching or the tensioner. It was a limited range of D40s that suffered, from 2007-2009 if memory serves.

Timing chain replacement is always going to be on the expensive side, because of the man hours involved in doing it. The silly thing is that the upper (double row) chain has to come off to get to the lower single row chain. Why, Nissan?

The d22 has had the yd25 in it since late 2008, so they're still getting fairly old.

Thanks for the info, I wouldnt have guessed ..
Never really needed to know either:rock:

Last edited:
All good mate. Should help someone else out anyway...

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back