Patrol Nissan ZD30

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philliplucky

Reaction score
Is a zd30 DI in a patrol the same as a
ZD30DI in a navara ??
Are the blocks and heads the same?
Is the injector pump the same?

Sorry I’m new to zd30s and navara

From what I understand, the bellhousing pattern is different (don't quote me on that though) Not sure on the injector pump, but the navara has a standard wastegate turbo, whereas the patrol has a vnt (variable boost control) which is partly what caused the holes in the pistons, from overboosting when the control system didn't work correctly.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Pretty certain the heads are the same. Not sure about the rest.

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

blocks are different. i think you can redrill the patrol block to suit the navara gearbox.
manifolds are different, turbo etc.
afaik the heads are the same.
IP varies anyway. afaik you need to match pump to ecu. i think the navara has 2-3 different pumps.

really weird manufacturing to have different blocks for different vehicles with the same engine.

The heads are different as well, one is crossflowed and the other isn't and the manifolds would need modification to work.

The heads are different as well, one is crossflowed and the other isn't and the manifolds would need modification to work.

thats incorrect. got pics of the head here and they are the same. manifolds bolt straight on.

i suspect your thinking of the common rail zd30 engine, which the head and manifolds are different.
the earlier non common rail zd30 engine is the one thats similar to the navara one.

Last edited:
Patrol intake manifold has been bolted on to the navara for a patrol top mount intercooler install.

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back