Installed New Radio...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsgooch

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just installed a D5168 from Eonon. First I want to tell you how much I paid for this $264.00 + $35 for AU Maps and $56 for reversing camera total $355. Second I want to tell you how long it took me to install this unit, 45 Minutes. Now I want to tell you that my impressions of the unit:

It took me 4 days to get the unit. Shipping was included in the price.

It had a minimal manual with it that went through the features but that was about it.

It came with a wiring harness that connected to 2 of the cables on the my Navara. and that was all the wiring you had to do.

I got the Australian Maps for an additional $35. The GPS works fine but I will probably replace it with OzeExplorer. More testing needed to really find out how good it is off road. Has an magnetic external GPS antenna included. I have placed it on my dash looks great.

It connects to my Samsung Galaxy 3 with no problems. It actually connects faster and more reliably than the factory unit. Phone calls are clear and have a had better response from people who I am talking to with the new unit. With the Factory unit people complained they could hardly hear me. Plays music from my phone via bluetooth while navigating no problem. The only thing it does not give you song information, factory unit did.

Steering wheel controls work perfectly just have to set them up, took less than 2 minutes.

Music quality is very nice and the operation is fairly easy to navigate. The radio reception might be a little weak, but I am using a stubbie carbon fibre EBAY antenna it did not give me great reception with my factory unit either. I am going to re install my factory antenna and see how that goes.

Plays DVDs, has RCA outputs for SUB, and 4 speakers, Video, and dual reversing cameras. I did purchase the reversing camera and I am getting a mate to give me hand installing that next weekend.

Over All I am very happy with the unit. I will see if it holds up to the daily wear and tear. The unit I purchased is designed for Nissan vehicles so that is probably why it worked so well out of the box.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to drop me line. I will place some pictures in this post in the next couple of days.

Last edited:
Mmmmmm sounds very interesting. Would certainly be interested in seeing some pictures, and also can you give a product name/model to help us track it down or better still a link.

Also, you say it plays DVDs, does it have an output to allow you to plus is second screen for the kds to watch in the back?

Cheers

Looks like a pretty good unit for pretty cheap in comparison to many others out there. If I get tired of my factory double din with the new speakers and sub, will definitely be looking at one of these.

Thanks for the write up.

Cheers,

Craig

Your welcome BigTrev. Thanks Gagzila! I have a 2012 D40 ST. It was pretty easy install the panels come off pretty easy with no tools. You can find information regarding removing the panels on this site as well as you tube. I am very happy with the unit and they have drop the price to $231. I will keep you guys informed how it holds up.

It doesn`t look too bad for the price.Did you have any reservations dealing with a company not situated in Australia? Were there any problems with delivery? And lastly,were you sceptical about sending payment thru to a company in Hong Kong?

Last edited:
I'm not saying the company is super dooper.but paypal (the bloodsuckers they are) are pretty good at getting your money back these days.you just need to make sure you get a invoice or receipt and never do a donation or just transfer. keep a check on your delivery times.if its gets near a week late hound the shop.if you start to get nervous if its late contact paypal.paypal are ruthless with bad sellers.

I had no problem dealing with them in the past, and my head rest DVD players are still working just fine. Very quick to ship a good product.

I only wish I'd seen something like this before I organised the purchase of my head unit with my car - $3,000 of Pioneer piece of shit that was such a disaster that they had to replace the whole unit. I'm happier with my Pioneer now - but not the amount of drama that I had to go through. I wouldn't recommend Pioneer to anyone, especially when you can buy something like this for 10% of the cost.

G'day rsgooch.
Just curious if you bought this off ebay or direct from eanons website? On eBay they have several different ones with that model. Did you by any chance take any photos of the back connectors that come with the eanon unit?
These new models caught my attention, but I'm unsure whether it will hook straight up in my patrol or if there will be a crapload of cut 'n solder work.
Cheers mate.

I use paypal for my payments so payment resolutions are not a big problem. I purchased direct from Eonon and they have been great! I ordered my TPMS kit on Wed and received it yesterday and the radio was the same way. I did not have any problems with the install. The 5165 is designed for Nissan and it is plug and play truly. The only soldering had to do was for the reversing camera to the wires for the reverse light in the rear, and that was pretty straight forward. So far I am very happy with the unit, the build quality is pretty good and it performs exactly as it was described on the website. The company has been around a while now and has a few modding sites dedicated to modding the radio, and the company displays the mods on their website. I found some videos of the testing they do to the units if you check out their website you can find the links to that.

I am having the sensors for the tire pressure monitoring installed to day. We let you guys know how it goes.

Later!

Thanks for that reply mate. I ordered mine today and hopefully see it friday, if not Monday. I'll be very interested to see, how and if I can install Ozi explorer on it. Doing a bit of googling, i'm getting mixed answers about it. Some units you can, others you can't. We'll see.

Yep this one is definitely Windows CE6.0.
How do you install Ozi on it? I haven't looked into it much. Is it just adding a folder to the memory card and away we go?

Yep this one is definitely Windows CE6.0.
How do you install Ozi on it? I haven't looked into it much. Is it just adding a folder to the memory card and away we go?

You can do that. What I did with mine though was got a 32gb SD card and put ozi and the associated maps for it on that, then you can change between the nav program that comes with the unit and ozi just by changing the cards over. You can do that while the unit is running too, just exit the nav program, eject the card and put the new one in.

I just copied the oziexplorer software on the existing SD card plenty of room including maps. I purchased the Australia maps with the radio. Like bods said just go in to settings and point the navigation setting to the oziexplorer.exe file. It is just that hard :)

Latest posts

Back