Acceleration flat spot.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wrapped some tape around the primer bulb as I needed to drive tonight and need to ggo to work early tomorrow. It started much better, but with a couple of hiccups just after starting, I’m putting the stutters down to a failing primer, or still some air in the system from the work. Then it ran without misfiring at all which was a nice change.

On to the next problem now which is that it seems to be well down on power in the mid range revs where the turbo would normally kick in. Seemed to be blowing a bit of smoke when it felt under power too. I’m guessing turbo related, not boosting early enough in the rev range so I’ll do some more reading tonight on similar issues and try more repairs soon. At least it is driveable for now though.

At least it's still drivable... I can't remember if 07 is a vacuum or electronic boost actuator, but if it is vacuum controlled it could be the control hoses perishing from old age.

Hopefully you get it sorted for good...

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Thanks bods I’ll be checking the vacuum hoses. It is quite possible something was disslodged during the repair work. The hard part (for me at least) will be working out what hoses do what there are so many in there.

take the cover off the top of the engine and check all your boost hoses that come and go from the BCS and the turbo actuator. you can also take the pipe off that goes from the BCS to the turbo turbo actuator at the BCS end, and suck on that hose. you should see the actuator arm rise and fall.
i had very similar problems, and it turned out to be perished boost hoses on the drivers side under the plastic cover!

same symptoms as mine had, did you get around to checking what I suggested at the beginning of your thread?

Boost is back! After reading ericcs thread above I looked in the same loctuon as the photo there and found I’d dislodged a vacuum hose while mucking around with the SCV or fuel primer bulb. Popped it back on and a short test drive brought back the turbo boost smile. Some of the hoses are a bit perished so might need to replace them soon.

Still need to replace the fuel primer as it seems to drain out fuel overnight making it hard to start in the morning. The one I ordered locally turned out to be wrong, so internet delivery pending.

Last edited:
Boost is back! After reading ericcs thread above I looked in the same loctuon as the photo there and found I’d dislodged a vacuum hose while mucking around with the SCV or fuel primer bulb. Popped it back on and a short test drive brought back the turbo boost smile. Some of the hoses are a bit perished so might need to replace them soon.

Still need to replace the fuel primer as it seems to drain out fuel overnight making it hard to start in the morning. The one I ordered locally turned out to be wrong, so internet delivery pending.

good to see half the problem is solved. make sure you buy 4mm vacuum hose, from memory, i think i bought 4m?

I hope the primer bulb arrives soon. Not fun trying to drive it at the moment. Once going it seems to keep going, but get a red light or stop sign and it’ll idle fine until you go to take off and then cough and splutter and misfire, stall or just not rev until you I get up to speed again.

Any other possible issues I could be looking at. To me it seems to be a fuel problem, like it isn’t getting enough on starting. I’m hoping it’s just the primer bulb allowing air in.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd say it's the leaking primer causing the problem too. It is difficult to suggest to look for any other issues before you get that fixed. When you're driving normally they flow rate of the pump is probably keeping enough fuel in the filter, but at idle it doesn't flow as much so when you go to accelerate it must be drawing a bit of air in when the pump increases the flow rate.

I hope that makes sense...

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Yeah. It does make sense, which is why I’m not chasing anything else just yet. That it is harder to start after sitting overnight is what makes me most sure the primer is still leaking

Primer bulb delivered today. 10min install. Primed the lines and test drive proved successful. Driven a few short trips and only one short stutter. Will see how it goes after an overnight stop. Fingers crossed.

Running so much better now, but still not completely fixed. While driving it is all good. Plenty of power, no apparent smoke etc. but.... there must still be a leak in h fuel system somewhere. Overnight it appears to be draining back to the tank and requires re-priming or it will start and then stall after a few seconds and then will wind over and over and not start for ages. It has also stalled a couple of tunes or gone into limp mode after idling for a while.

Then, to ad insult to injury sounds like a bearing is in the way out around the drive belt. Making a horrible noise this morning, sounded like coming from the alternator area.

Hmmm, did you have to remove the fuel filter to change the primer bulb? I have never had to change one so not sure, but if it was removed there's a chance it could be leaking air at the seal. I'd have a look at that first, even try removing the filter and putting a bit of diesel on the seal and fitting it up again.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Take care that the water sensor plug lines up with the round black knob on the side. Twice I had a mechanic leave mine "loose", and it gradually worked its way around a little and let air into the system.

I discovered it by priming it ... and then continued to prime it. After about 10 or so squeezes, I had diesel leaking from the bottom of the fuel filter, because I'd increased the pressure in that part of the system high enough for it to get out.

Just a follow up. For the first week or so it would stall a few moments after startup and require re-priming unless I gave it a rev in the first few seconds of running if I left it overnight. It was like there was still a leak in the system allowing air back into the lines overnight.

Has been running smoothly for a while now. No issues after sitting around for a while, including a week while we were in holidays. Seems the overnight ‘draining’ issue sorted itself out, maybe by finally getting all the air out of the system, or heat/settling of hoses sealed up the leak.

Oh, and the alternator bearing did need replacing, which left me without the Nav overnight because the auto elec was delivered the wrong part the first day.

Latest posts

Back