D40 Alt Mod up date

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mashsam

Reaction score
Hello all this is the mod that I have done similar to what Foxbat has done, here i have removed the green wire(from alternator) from where you can see the pen pointing to in the photos, doing this gives 14.1>14.4 volts constant. The green wire i have terminated with a screw cap.

Attachments

• nissan.jpg
    nissan.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 16,182
  • nissan2.jpg
    nissan2.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 1,367
  • nissan3.jpg
    nissan3.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 1,331
Awesome, some photos!

Oh you've done it now - now we'll have a bunch of guys heading out to their driveways with a pair of pliers!!

It has to be said that if spotted, Nissan could argue about warranty on the alternator because it's working harder, but it has to be spotted - and given most service departments' habit of only following the recipe, they may never look and see it!

So at what rate do you reckon itd charge the second battery at once the green wire is snipped? 5, 10, 15amps??

If using calcium battery would agree with dc dc charger as u need 15v plus however in my case it works for me and would not waste the money on another bit of equipment

I don't quite understand the benefit of doing this? I'm getting 14.2 to my battery, 14v if aircon is on. Could someone please explain it to me. thanks

You maybe one of the lucky car owners that does not have a smart alternator unlike mine which when 1st started put out 14v but quickly dropped back to 12.1 v

I don't quite understand the benefit of doing this? I'm getting 14.2 to my battery, 14v if aircon is on. Could someone please explain it to me. thanks

Some of the newer alternators drop the output to zero once the starter battery has been charged up. Snipping the green wire disables the function.

You maybe one of the lucky car owners that does not have a smart alternator unlike mine which when 1st started put out 14v but quickly dropped back to 12.1 v

Thanks for the replies guys,
i put a battery monitor in the car & it's never showed anything lower than 14v, but my next question is if i do find that green cable does it then mean i will have the same issue you guys have with the limited charge from the alternator? Or in my case that green wire isn't doing anything with my setup?

Latest posts

Back