Go Back   The Navara Forum > Tech Talk > General Tech Talk

NP300 Fuel Gauge?
Old 08-03-2018, 10:47 AM

Default NP300 Fuel Gauge?

I'm very new to the Navara, just bought a brand new NP300 ST dual cab 4x4. It's only been a few days and won't overreact but I'm wondering how accurate the fuel gauge is? After re-fueling for the first time, I haven't even done a 100kms yet on this tank and I've already gone down a quarter of a tank (according to gauge), which by my calculations is 19L/100km, car says I'm running at 9.1L/100, range indicator estimates I should get 696km for the tank (which kept dropping from 800+). Early days but a little concerning.
Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2018, 08:13 PM

Better to post this in the D23 Np300 section of the forum.
You will get like drivers commenting on your post.

2011 D22 2.5Cr. Fuel cap holder, bonnet scoop protection, Bonnet protector, Tint, Snorkel, tub liner, Tow bar, Bash plates, Sliders, Sus lift, DVD headrests, Idler Arm Brace, P Bull bar, Winch, Canopy, Dynapro ATM's, Alarm, Slim weather shields, EGR mod, +120's, 9' LED's, LED parkers, Seat covers, Variable intermittent wiper stalk, Dash mat, DVR mirror with reverse camera.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:20 PM

Firstly, welcome to the forum. They drop from full very quickly, then slow down. I've gone 850klm before filling and only managed to get 57ltrs in. It depends on what sort of driving you do, highway, suburban etc. Also mine got better as I got more klm on it, it took 20K and some towing of a 2.5 ton van to really start coming good. It seems they get quite varied economy, some get really good, others not so good.

Tags
fuel, navara, np300