Go Back   The Navara Forum > D22 > D22 Suspension & Steering

Old 26-10-2014, 12:28 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by davojohnson View Post
I've been wondering what this noise is and my mate and I thought it was a navara problem because I've got a 2000 model qd32 dual cab and he has a 2010 d22 2.5 common rail and they both do it. I'm glad I looked at this because I think that's what our problem is.
Nah it's a feature mate. Stick plastic caps on the end of em and or grease the shit out of em. I just try not to turn on full lock to just cause it's a prick of a noise when it squeaks/screeches!
Sponsored Links

Old 26-10-2014, 12:30 PM
Advanced Member

My Mood:
Garage

I put those rubber things on from a few posts back and it's silence. A Beautiful thing.
EGR Mod, Provent Catch Can, YD25 double row timing chain conversion, ARB rear bar, ARB canopy, ARB bull bar, Nissan snorkel, Dual Optima's, Redarc BCDC1220, IPF Super Rallys,2-3/4 Beaudesert Exhaust, 3' SAX 3DS Rear Leafs, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Calmini upper control arms, Autron pllar pod, Auto Meter Boost and Pyro. Self built Roller Draws and Fridge slide. (still going) Big plans just need the cash.

Old 26-10-2014, 12:31 PM
Advanced Member

My Mood:
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navmania View Post
I put those rubber things on from a few posts back and it's silence. A Beautiful thing.

Need!

Old 26-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Advanced Member

My Mood:
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by navtruckchic View Post
Need!
Yeah they work a treat. Now my front end doesn't sound like its about to fall out.
EGR Mod, Provent Catch Can, YD25 double row timing chain conversion, ARB rear bar, ARB canopy, ARB bull bar, Nissan snorkel, Dual Optima's, Redarc BCDC1220, IPF Super Rallys,2-3/4 Beaudesert Exhaust, 3' SAX 3DS Rear Leafs, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Calmini upper control arms, Autron pllar pod, Auto Meter Boost and Pyro. Self built Roller Draws and Fridge slide. (still going) Big plans just need the cash.

Old 26-10-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastik86 View Post
Nah it's a feature mate. Stick plastic caps on the end of em and or grease the shit out of em. I just try not to turn on full lock to just cause it's a prick of a noise when it squeaks/screeches!

Ahahaha yeah mate it is a prick of a noise. Basically got to put up with it every time I drive out of my driveway because I have to full lock it at least twice each time I drive out. And I drive out several times a day and because it's got a crap turning circle then sometimes I've got to full lock it when turning on the road or something like that. But yeah I'll probably get those caps. It'll be a lot easier and a lot lee convenient.
Cheers mate.

loud noise when turning full lock
Old 26-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member

My Mood:
Garage
Default loud noise when turning full lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navmania View Post
Yeah they work a treat. Now my front end doesn't sound like its about to fall out.

Love full lock doing a u bolt in the middle of a packed street full of pedestrians :/

Old 10-03-2018, 12:20 PM

Pro tip. Chuck these on the end of your worn out steering stopper covers and enjoy noise free full locking for a bit. Way cheaper than the $20ea X 4 for genuine nylon caps.

You want M12 ones for a perfect fit over the standard nylon cap
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180310-144717.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	22363  

Old 12-03-2018, 11:59 AM

My Mood:
Garage

^ Im getting a cracking noise mid turn too. Im thinking dry ball joints but there is no play and the rubbers are intact.

Old 12-03-2018, 01:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbid-chop View Post
^ Im getting a cracking noise mid turn too. Im thinking dry ball joints but there is no play and the rubbers are intact.
I'd have a look at the idler arm joint too. Could also be any of the other joints in the steering system. Can you feel it in the steering wheel or just hear it?

Old 13-03-2018, 02:11 AM

My Mood:
Garage

^ yeah, can kinda feel it. But going over bumps makes it happen too, eg, say im holding the steering wheel at a fixed point, and drive over some undulations, that will sometimes make it happen too.