ZD30 Injector Pump Advice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qvanzyl

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Wonder if anyone can assist me or give me some advice,

I put some diesel in my ZD30, Got on the highway and the next moment i lost power and had covered the highway in a james bond style smoke screen. Anyway stopped the vehicle and noticed a rough idle

My first though was stuck injector, had the vehicle towed home and started diagnosing the problem, i have done the following

Compression test - OK
Check oil in coolent - No Oil in coolent
Check for coolent in oil - No coolent in oil
Oil level - did not rise at all

Sent Injectors in to get serviced, Guy said ther was nothing wrong with them, they spray perfectly, Re-installed the injectors but i still have arough idle. Next i cracked each of the injector nuts while the ingine was running and saw that they all spray strong except Nr4

Nr4 cylinder does not seem to get enough diesel.

My Question is,

Can this be a blockage due to water getting into my injector pump? (No ECU warning by the way)

Would i need to start shopping for a new pump - Damm i hope not. ?

It is only the NR4 cylinder that is had weak pressure, any reason for this, i was under the impression that if the pump fails it does not have any pressure (Or very little in all the cylinders)

My Diesel mec said i should try putting in some additive that will dissolve water present in the fuel and see if it will possibly clear the blockage (If any)

Thanks guys i really appreciate any feedback/advice

Cheers

Welcome to the forum.

I wonder if there's a problem with the supply line to the injector - either damage, or it's got algae or something in it? A fuel additive that handles water and algae won't hurt. If you've been somewhere really cold you might have some wax formed in there.

I've not heard of any particular fault with the ZD30 where one injector gets less fuel pressure than others, so a blockage or damage would seem probable.

what color smoke did it make?

cracking an injector nut is fairly tricky to get the same opening on all injectors. no4 you may have opened up to much or to little and got a different spray pattern.
only way to confirm its pump is to bench test it.
only place a single line could loose pressure is the check valve.

any water in the fuel filter?

Yeah but that's not unusual.

If it's the VP44 pump there are dozens of forums with hundreds of posts with lengthy descriptions of how bad that sucker can be. Does anyone know if the ZD30 has that pump or is it something non-Bosch?

Yep, the zd30 in the Navara has the lovely vp44 too, same as the patrol.

Bosch escaped and left Zexel to hold the bag.... wanna see how one comes out ;) lol at it atm! They still want $3000 for a change over pump...

That's it there!

Attachments

• 20180712_094409.jpg
    20180712_094409.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 83

Latest posts

Back