D40 Extended Ball Joints

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray_Mond

Reaction score
Hello, I just wanted to share my experience with my ball joints in my d40. I recently fitted a lift and after fitment I noticed a strange sound when accelerating. Turned out my ball joint was fouling, I went for a hunt to fix this and found that extended ball joints stop this from happening, I found a set here https://www.onlineautoparts.com.au/products/ZPN-33160 after fitting the sound is no longer there.

How much lift did you fit?

Mine is lifted 43mm. I've replaced both control arms, the uppers to provide the extra clearance and the lowers to provide more adjustability in alignment because the factory arms didn't have eccentric bolts on both sides. I'm still on standard ball joints.

I've just fitted a set of 25mm extended ball joints to the upper control arm. The UCA's were banging on the strut towers as I've got HD suspension that lifts the vehicle about 40mm to 45mm.

The job was quite easy and took no time at all using a $65 ball joint removal kit off eBay. I froze the new BJ's in the freezer overnight which shrunk them enough to make it a little bit easier to press them in.

The Navara drives well with the UCA's now back in about the same position they were before the HD suspension installation.

I made a short "how to" video if anyone's interested.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back