YD25 Replacment Turbo - Newcastle Region.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What sort of boost readings do you get on that? I've only got the free version and the boost is nowhere near accurate. It shows up around 22psi when I'm only getting 16ish on the actual boost gauge I have fitted...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

What sort of boost readings do you get on that? I've only got the free version and the boost is nowhere near accurate. It shows up around 22psi when I'm only getting 16ish on the actual boost gauge I have fitted...

It majority of the time shows around 15 to 16psi.

well an up date . . .

Car went in this morning. Graham Coates Automotive believe it's a Blown Exhaust Manifold Gasket.

When I got back home and parked the car, had a quick look under the hood again and this time did notice black soot around the edge of the bonnet . . . the metallic sound I could hear may had been pieces of the gasket hitting the engine bay wall maybe.

will take the car back in a week or so once I get paid for the gasket to be replaced . . . here's hoping that's all they only find.

You'd hear it if it was a gasket stick your head under the bonnet and listen out for the "choofa choofa choofa"

I agree it would not sound like it's running normally if the manifold gasket was blown. But we will wait and see I guess.... Stranger things have happened.

Stranger things have happened but if its a leak big enough to cause loss of boost you would really hear it. I left the egt probe out once and you could hear the ticking noise from in the cabin driving - plus turbo spool was noticably lazier but still did boost. That was a 3mm hole.

Yep. I put a turbo on an sd33 patrol I used to have. Reused the factory manifold gasket that was on there and first drive it blew out haha. Sounded like a chaff cutter even at idle...

well an up date . . .

Car went in this morning. Graham Coates Automotive believe it's a Blown Exhaust Manifold Gasket.

Not quiet blown . . . but very evident major leak around the original Exhaust Manifold Gasket . . .

Latest posts

Back