Pathfinder with time chain problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feuerdaniel22

Reaction score
Hello friends, I am quite new here in the board and also only for a few days possesses a Pathfinders. Unfortunately, there is no real Pathfinder board, at least I have found none. So I hope that I am still welcome to the Navara friends.

My car is built in 2007 and has run 224,000 kilometers.
Overall, it is a nice car, but there is still a lot of work to be done
Because the previous owner had big dogs in the car and apparently was a farmer.

I bought the car with the engine noise. It really sounded
Threatening and have gone out of a motor damage.

So I went to the search for information (also this forum) found. I have then the timing housing dismantled to irgenwo with the error search catch. I saw directly that the rail was damaged by the chain tensioner.

So I took my turn and renewed the timing chain. The work was quite good, it went without a lifting platform, however I could use a large hall in which there was also a compressor for compressed air tool.

Since the timing chain at Nissan is very expensive and I could not safely tell if the engine is still undamaged, I have a timing chain set of FAI installed.

The duplex conversion kit I have only found too late, this is not to buy in Europe either. So at least my information.

I will log the car in a few days and if necessary I will make the timing chain again, but then both duplex.

Now I have some pictures of my remodeling.
Have fun watching.

Best regards
Daniel

Attachments

• Fpump2.jpg
    Fpump2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 131
  • Fpump1.jpg
    Fpump1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 125
  • KWRad.jpg
    KWRad.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 125
  • Main.jpg
    Main.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 132
  • Sauber.jpg
    Sauber.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 124
I also didn't know anything about this issue until now. Although I have Navara but as far as I know it is the same engine.
I've been shocked by finding so many reports about this weak timing chain failure. Many owners complain about blown Navara engines.
Im in the UK and after spending few hours online I found many suppliers offering this duplex timing chain kits. I ordered mine yesterday and it should be with me today or Saturday. It might be too late for you but if you are interested this is where I ordered it from:
https://shop.zedperformance.co.uk/nissan-navara-2.5-yd25ddti-timing-chain-kit
They are in the EU.

Latest posts

Back