Defence force members!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9 Years Army Reserves (Armoured Recon) 4 Years RAAF Reserves (Firefighter)

Funny enough, if have vehicle . . . I can't see the point in walking anywhere in the bush now

9.5 years in the air force. CETECH (RADTECH before they changed the name) I worked on RADAR systems for most of my time in.

I am still involved in a car club at east sale that I am a founding smember of from 19 years ago that runs sprint events on the airfield That is where my avatar pic was taken.

loadedup2.jpg

Been out longer than I was in now, still a few things I miss about that time, good for a young bloke but it would have been pretty bad for me personally since then for family reasons.

Last edited:
9.5 years in the air force. CETECH (RADTECH before they changed the name) I worked on RADAR systems for most of my time in.

I am still involved in a car club at east sale that I am a founding smember of from 19 years ago that runs sprint events on the airfield That is where my avatar pic was taken.

loadedup2.jpg

Been out longer than I was in now, still a few things I miss about that time, good for a young bloke but it would have been pretty bad for me personally since then for family reasons.

there still letting you race on the airfield?
i remember yrs ago my uncle and old man would do go kart raceing on the Albatross runway (Nowra NSW) but they banned it a few yrs back

12 years Army in the RAInf, 6 years 1RAR, 2years RMC-D, and currently still serving at 8/9RAR Mortar Pl at Enoggera...

there still letting you race on the airfield?
i remember yrs ago my uncle and old man would do go kart raceing on the Albatross runway (Nowra NSW) but they banned it a few yrs back

Yep, our next event is in late October. We do have to bare our bums and re justify our existence every couple of years each time the base gets a new OC though, and often each new SATCO too (senior air traffic controller)

16 years as a Marine Tech in the Navy. Currently In Darwin on Patrol Boats (floating coke cans) post to Sydeny at the end of the year.

Hey Nobby, I was an MT too, 15 years, got out in 2001.

Started out as an ETP, tried to amalgamate us, that failed. Diesel stream, 9 years on Success.

Great to here from so many ex- and current serving defence force personnel from here and around the world. I salute you all.

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

4 years atm GSE fitter ( heavy diesel mechanic ) Unfortunately not sure how much longer my career will be. Cant see it being any longer than 2 more years unless i get the postings i want

The navy navigate by the stars
The army sleep under them
And the amount of stars determines where the raaf will stay....

Lol

My grandfather n old man were raaf, i wen army.. Pop was 77 sqn in korea

The navy navigate by the stars
The army sleep under them
And the amount of stars determines where the raaf will stay....

Lol

My grandfather n old man were raaf, i wen army.. Pop was 77 sqn in korea

Thats awesome! Shame you couldnt continue the tradition.. RAAF knocked your application back..

Latest posts

Back