Fuel Filter Switch Assembly

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cv_navara

Reaction score
Hi All-

Wondering if anyone has a spare fuel water sensor they wish to part with?
The PO deleted it and just fitted a filter with a built-in drain. I am having trouble finding the replacement filter to match and would like to go back to stock so I can replace the filter.

Or any other ideas would be great.

Cheers,
Casey

Waterwatch filters D21

Good Morning CV,

I myself have been chasing a Waterwatch Filter and thought they only existed with a Glass bottom, but the prices frightend me to near death, so I slowed down my hunt, and am very glad I did, I called at a Mob called "Palarchies" here in W.A. in
Rockingham and while talking about the Watertrap filters and prices, one of the
Mechanics there walked in and eavesdropped on us, then joined in with my chat
and he said how he owned a D21 some time back and told us all there that the
original Filter next to the Brake M/Cyl' was in fact a Waterwatch unit and not a Filter Persae at all, so I returned home and opened the bottom drain and empied all the Shit out of it, then decided to remove it completely and rinsed it all out as well
and found he was dead right,
It held no Filter Paper at all, only a float to show your dashlight on to tell you there was Water in your system and for you to clean it out, as I did,!

Now what this showed me was I already had a Waterwatch System in my Ute,
except the bottom was Steel not glass and looked for all the world like an
ordinary Fuel Filter, which on my ute is the front one of the two, so I bought one ofe those for Ten Dollars and will fit this today!

The Moral of the story is I have saved buying another Watertrap Filter for $180.00, and bought a Ryco Filter for Ten Dollars, so, remember, the so
called primary Filter is a Shit Trap only, and the Secondary Filter is your main
and only Filter in your system, unless you have those little ones along your sytem elsewhere!

In conclusion: I have found the "Lady" {Ute} now idles smoother and there is less Diesel Hammer when first started cold, and runs quieter as well!

Best regards and good luck in your Filter hunting,
highway man!:deadhorse:

Latest posts

Back