Go Back   The Navara Forum > General Discussions > Members Rides

Old 11-04-2019, 10:31 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Been a while View Post
Hey mate, just Cruz'n your build.. 120 globes?? Is that in the spotlights or the headlights? Putting high watt bulbs in your headlights can burn out "light/indercator stalks" ! Just say'n.

Oh and you can get short Stem H.I.D bulbs to fit the Narva spotlights, I did a set for mine when I first got it and they work a treat... easy klm beam
You can get the short bulbs and transformers on flea bay cheap...
you won't burn out the indicator stalk as the current draw from the headlights goes through a relay. the headlight switch and indicator stalk are in only a control for the relays!
Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2019, 12:27 AM
Advanced Member

As well as that, they are still only a 60/55w globe, they just apparently have 20 percent more light output than a standard globe...

Old 12-04-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bods View Post
As well as that, they are still only a 60/55w globe, they just apparently have 20 percent more light output than a standard globe...
That and they have a slight blue colour.
I went 90/130's in a Patrol I had. The light output was incredible but the headlight loom wiring started to melt haha.

2011 D22 2.5Cr. Fuel cap holder, bonnet scoop protection, Bonnet protector, Tint, Snorkel, tub liner, Tow bar, Bash plates, Sliders, Sus lift, DVD headrests, Idler Arm Brace, P Bull bar, Winch, Canopy, Dynapro ATM's, Alarm, Slim weather shields, EGR mod, +120's, 9' LED's, LED parkers, Seat covers, Variable intermittent wiper stalk, Dash mat, DVR mirror with reverse camera.

Old 14-04-2019, 07:18 AM

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcs View Post
you won't burn out the indicator stalk as the current draw from the headlights goes through a relay. the headlight switch and indicator stalk are in only a control for the relays!
Ok weird, d21 where bad for it "went through two" so I never tried the bigger 100W in the d22... god knows it needs the bigger W's eh

I'll, look into the 100w now.... what about these led bulbs? Ya na? Legal or not?

Old 14-04-2019, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

Not legal and as bad as the Chinese HID kits from eBay... If you want to do it at least half properly (not legally) the you need to fit projectors to them.

Old 14-04-2019, 09:10 PM

The bulb upgrade is a s good as you can get with the lenses we have on our utes. As Bods mentioned, a projector style headlight can work but the cost of new headlights and the chance of getting caught is pretty high. Not worth it it I reckon for what you get.

2011 D22 2.5Cr. Fuel cap holder, bonnet scoop protection, Bonnet protector, Tint, Snorkel, tub liner, Tow bar, Bash plates, Sliders, Sus lift, DVD headrests, Idler Arm Brace, P Bull bar, Winch, Canopy, Dynapro ATM's, Alarm, Slim weather shields, EGR mod, +120's, 9' LED's, LED parkers, Seat covers, Variable intermittent wiper stalk, Dash mat, DVR mirror with reverse camera.