Go Back   The Navara Forum > D22 > D22 Drive Train

Old 11-04-2019, 12:32 AM

My Mood:

Well thank you very much Tony, another beer owed ;) Ok, two ! Just 'cause ya make me feel special ..

I have been known to check out other d22 when I see them on the street lol haven't been punched yet !
But they seem to sit about there, I'm waiting on a diff so as soon as I have it fitted up I'll show you where mine sits.. expensive little job though, and a shitey one to do too ! Grrr grease - right up there with front wheel bearing service...

Yours is lifted too eh... did you extend the tailshaft at all? Is there any weight on the rear in this picTony?
Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2019, 04:11 AM

Glad to be of some help to you.
Yes mate 40mm lift.
Nothing done to the tailshaft. All is stock bar suspension.
Car is sitting on the ground in the garage.

2011 D22 2.5Cr. Fuel cap holder, bonnet scoop protection, Bonnet protector, Tint, Snorkel, tub liner, Tow bar, Bash plates, Sliders, Sus lift, DVD headrests, Idler Arm Brace, P Bull bar, Winch, Canopy, Dynapro ATM's, Alarm, Slim weather shields, EGR mod, +120's, 9' LED's, LED parkers, Seat covers, Variable intermittent wiper stalk, Dash mat, DVR mirror with reverse camera.

Last edited by tony d22; 11-04-2019 at 04:26 AM.

Old 11-04-2019, 04:49 AM

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d22 View Post
Glad to be of some help to you.
Yes mate 40mm lift.
Nothing done to the tailshaft. All is stock bar suspension.
Car is sitting on the ground in the garage.
Ok great, thanks for that... weird eh, mine needed that spacer. It looked and felt like it wasn't seated far enough onto gear bag spline..

Old 11-04-2019, 08:33 PM

Nah it wasn't even suggested when the suspension was installed. I think if you went just a body lift you have to do it. The car sat a lot higher in the rear too, like 80mm above standard when new.
As you can see in the pic, It is pretty straight in line with the diff, no sharp angles in the unis.
Ohh, I tow everyday, The ute has always had a loaded tradies trailer behind it it's entire life.

2011 D22 2.5Cr. Fuel cap holder, bonnet scoop protection, Bonnet protector, Tint, Snorkel, tub liner, Tow bar, Bash plates, Sliders, Sus lift, DVD headrests, Idler Arm Brace, P Bull bar, Winch, Canopy, Dynapro ATM's, Alarm, Slim weather shields, EGR mod, +120's, 9' LED's, LED parkers, Seat covers, Variable intermittent wiper stalk, Dash mat, DVR mirror with reverse camera.

Old 14-04-2019, 07:23 AM

My Mood:

Hmmm well there you go.. must have been a cheap one that couldn't handle the pace .. I'll keep an eye on this one.. diffs in, I'll finish it off tomorrow and grab some pics..

Old 14-04-2019, 09:16 PM

Did you use a genuine centre bearing?
I know the cost is probably triple but this is your second one yeah.

Old 21-04-2019, 01:41 AM

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d22 View Post
Did you use a genuine centre bearing?
I know the cost is probably triple but this is your second one yeah.
Yes this is the second one, first one was done but now looking at yours and others over the years it was just well worn and was still doing it's job. It was replaced mainly to get to the bottom of a shudder/vibration ..
It turned out to be a combination of diff shudder and worn center bearing... diff shudder was fixed/helped with some oil treatment..

I do try to use genuine Nissan but none available at my sorce and Febest looks like quality gear, the rubber in the Febest one is 2 to 3 times heavier than the one I used to sort out that shudder... I'm pretty sure it was a China/Taiwan made center bearing, the rubber was nothing like this one- I think Febest is a OEM quality German based company...

Old 07-05-2019, 02:39 PM

My Mood:

Up date, took the spacer out.. I'll have to load her up and see where is he sits... photos to come...

Old 15-05-2019, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Been a while View Post
And that's the center bearing and uni's done, $250 in parts + $30 in all thread etc plus my time $280..
Quoted $490 and UP , and that was with me removing and refitting tailshaft... who knew eh, I didn't think it would be that expensive to have done....

Anyone had a quote lately ?? Be curious to know some prices...

So there you go, cheap arses little press did the job..
It's not that difficult a job without a press or any special tools IMO. Perhaps I'm rough but unis are easy to change with a hammer and an old socket lol. Getting the nut off to remove the centre bearing took a bit though. From memory, had it in a vice with deep socket, 3/4" breaker bar and a metre of pipe to get enough leverage.

The cheap centre bearings can be a bit iffy, I had a cheap fleabay one give out after 2,000 kms, so for the money it's probably not worth doing yourself IMO. Last one I had done at a driveline service, new unis, centre bearing and tailshaft balance for $400 all up including parts. Has done about 40,000kms since, seems ok.