Tail lights stay on, brake lights not working

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe a fail safe switch so if the other one fails then the brake lights still work? I do recall mention of it on the forum previously but without having a D40 I can't really tell you to be honest hehe.

Maybe a fail safe switch so if the other one fails then the brake lights still work? I do recall mention of it on the forum previously but without having a D40 I can't really tell you to be honest hehe.
Another fantastic idea from the good plebs at Nissan 👏🤣

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Yep sounds about normal for them. Like only having a door switch for the interior light on the driver's door of the D22 haha. Maybe that money they saved there payed for 2 brake switches in the D40 lol.

Yep sounds about normal for them. Like only having a door switch for the interior light on the driver's door of the D22 haha. Maybe that money they saved there payed for 2 brake switches in the D40 lol.
And timing CHAINS 🤦*♂️

Give me timing belts any day.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!

The second switch above the brake switch was out of adjustment. Popped it out, gave it a quick spray of Ez Glide and popped it back in, lights have gone off and turn on only when i turn them on.

Just wanna say a massive thank you to all of you guys for helping me out. Legends i really appreciate it

That was what happened to me when I owned a VL Calais Turbo

I had replaced the Brake master Cylinder and had lifted up the brake pedal to put the pin through the connecting rod and had pushed the brake switch out of position ,
I only found out when my Cruise control wouldn't work some weeks latter I must of been driving around with my brake lights on for weeks .

That was what happened to me when I owned a VL Calais Turbo

I had replaced the Brake master Cylinder and had lifted up the brake pedal to put the pin through the connecting rod and had pushed the brake switch out of position ,

I only found out when my Cruise control wouldn't work some weeks latter I must of been driving around with my brake lights on for weeks .
That's what i'm thinking now, and not one bloody person bothered to even give me yell at the lights or anything.

Common courtesy on the roads has vanished these days. I always try and pull up next to people if i can and let them know a light is out or what not.

Latest posts

Back