Cobez's 2006 STX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's now riding on a 4.5" lift up front and 5" lift rear. Not much else to report as she is exactly where i want her so haven't needed to buy any more for her just as yet.

I'm sure there will be something no doubt. The rear now houses a 130ah deep cycle battery that's charged by a 100w solar panel on the roof of the canopy and that powers my 95L Waeco CFX fridge freezer and a couple of strip lights for the campsite and my camper trailer.

Attachments

• DSC_0954.jpg
    DSC_0954.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC_0956.jpg
    DSC_0956.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 157
Few pics of new gear. Upgraded cooler and gauge install. Gauges took longer than the cooler haha.

Now on 305/70/16's. About to replace all the body mounts next weekend when i can get into dads factory and do it in peace. Two are thudding over bumps so may as well do the lot.
ef27850f31d1d0b925e63b75e1f80361.jpg
9a4b66389057d5cca0014a3a4cfdea17.jpg
eee7fbc73c315f15e29fe75bc0c3c7db.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Looks the goods Cobez!
I have the same pod but have boost and egt gauges
Pain in the ass to fit but now it's in there it's kinda moulded into place.
I really need to replace my body mount rubbers aswell. If you could link me your supplier I would be in debt to you..
Also a basic write up refresher would be grand with some pix of you had time.. be awhile since I did the body lift or even looked underneath:love sign:

Looks the goods Cobez!

I have the same pod but have boost and egt gauges

Pain in the ass to fit but now it's in there it's kinda moulded into place.

I really need to replace my body mount rubbers aswell. If you could link me your supplier I would be in debt to you..

Also a basic write up refresher would be grand with some pix of you had time.. be awhile since I did the body lift or even looked underneath:love sign:
Hey mate good to see you're still around here! Ebay mate! If you search "R51 Pathfinder body mounts" there are two different mounts. One has two threads on it, one looks like a black Kong dog toy. On a D40 you need 2 x the threaded ones, and 6 x dog toy looking ones for the cab.

They aren't genuine Nissan, but they are identical. Pathfinder and D40 Navara use the same mounts.

Did you hook your EGT gauge up yourself? If so did you have to tap a thread for the sensor? That would be the other gauge i want to put in and maybe oil pressure.

Did you mean a write up on my car or how to do the body mounts?

Hey mate good to see you're still around here! Ebay mate! If you search "R51 Pathfinder body mounts" there are two different mounts. One has two threads on it, one looks like a black Kong dog toy. On a D40 you need 2 x the threaded ones, and 6 x dog toy looking ones for the cab.

They aren't genuine Nissan, but they are identical. Pathfinder and D40 Navara use the same mounts.

Did you hook your EGT gauge up yourself? If so did you have to tap a thread for the sensor? That would be the other gauge i want to put in and maybe oil pressure.

Did you mean a write up on my car or how to do the body mounts?

Yeah bud, still lurking in the shadows! Don't have tracebook or the likes so not going anywhere new. Still jump on and have a look around every once in a while.

Never even thought of ebay! That's great- Thanks - I'll have a good search when time allows.. Probably tomorrow. At work. that way I get paid to do it :rofl2: Not exactly sure what you mean by the mount difference just yet but it'll come back to me when i have a search.

I ment a body mount replacement write up but it's definetly not rocket science.. I'll come good as soon as I look under there again.
First port of call would be the whole car wash that "NORA" so desperately needs tho.

Put a 3 inch exhaust on her which had a temp probe bung welded into the dump pipe. Shitty thing was it wasn't the same thread or size as the probe and surrounds so had to use some reducers. All good, hasn't been any problem

Good to still you've still got the truck and still happy to spend the coin on her. I haven't really done anything major lately.
Got any good camping in lately or some cool wheeling?

Yeah bud, still lurking in the shadows! Don't have tracebook or the likes so not going anywhere new. Still jump on and have a look around every once in a while.

Never even thought of ebay! That's great- Thanks - I'll have a good search when time allows.. Probably tomorrow. At work. that way I get paid to do it :rofl2: Not exactly sure what you mean by the mount difference just yet but it'll come back to me when i have a search.

I ment a body mount replacement write up but it's definetly not rocket science.. I'll come good as soon as I look under there again.

First port of call would be the whole car wash that "NORA" so desperately needs tho.

Put a 3 inch exhaust on her which had a temp probe bung welded into the dump pipe. Shitty thing was it wasn't the same thread or size as the probe and surrounds so had to use some reducers. All good, hasn't been any problem

Good to still you've still got the truck and still happy to spend the coin on her. I haven't really done anything major lately.

Got any good camping in lately or some cool wheeling?
Screenshots of the mounts attached!

I do tonnes of fishing and heaps of overnighters / 2 nighters so the Nav is always away somewhere down Gippsland or up north near Eildon etc. She's more set up for comfortable fishing trips hence the small solar panel which is enough to top up the battery mounted in the tray to power a fridge and some LED's for what i need.

The cooler is definitely one of my favorite upgrades so far besides the exhaust and lift. Matched with the hard piping, snorkel, dump, exhaust and EGR block and an ECU reset.

Need an EGT gauge next so i can see what the cooler has really done in terms of temps.
3d6b4e1ecbe98121d6e9e978a0ab01dc.jpg
c48058828d1b120a3b64c3f10934255f.jpg

Well, i've officially run out of adjustment in the front end.

She's up to 5.5" in the front and 6" in the rear. Time for aftermarket UCA's. She's sitting friggin' high up though. Freshened up the front end bushes as well, just with factory spec bushes.

Also runs a Front Runner platform tub rack with a 150W Renogy solar panel, MPPT smart controller and a 150AH deep cycle battery that sits inside the false floor in the rear.

Keeps the 60L fridge pumping nicely. Not that we can go camping at the moment with this virus shit.

Haven't posted in a while. D40 has had a bit more work done.

5" lift, 305/70/16's, independent solar set up with a 150a/h deep cycle gel slimline battery and big regulator powering a 60L fridge that's permanently mounted, Harrop diff cover, bigger cranking battery, secondary fuel filter, new CB radio, stainless front bash plate, side scrub bars and sliders, all hard cooler piping hot and cold side etc etc.

Also making 19lb of boost at 3000 revs 😆

Attachments

• 20201107_184814.jpg
    20201107_184814.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 101
  • 20201107_184755.jpg
    20201107_184755.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 85
  • 20201107_184852.jpg
    20201107_184852.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 52
Conservative figure without turning it into a pissing contest. There's a 2-3 pound tolerance. And 3000 revs is generally lowish in the rev range. I prefer driveability. If i wanted fast, i'd buy another V8 haha.

Full revs it will go higher, but i don't floor it. It's a 2.5 tonne YD25, they aren't fast cars 😛

Just did a heap of stuff to her at home last weekend:

Flush and serviced both diffs, transfer case, auto trans
Major engine service
Cooling system flush
New thermostat and radiator hoses while i had the radiator empty
New rotors and pads
New front shock to control arm bushes
New rear upper and lower shock bushes
New leaf spring / shackle bushes

The Bastardvara decided to throw a few spanners in the works last week:

Alternator dead - $300 trade price for a new one
Boost solenoid - Bypassed it completely with a needle valve, not so bad
Oil sump thread cactus - new sump $150 + two weeks after i have done a major service, another $70 on a 10L drum of Penrite oil just to change the oil sump
Fuel filter primer cactus - $300 for a new one from Nissan as i couldn't find a suitable aftermarket one on a Saturday. Bursons, Repco, Autobarn etc had absolutely nothing.

So while i was at it, i had the 3/8" ad 1/2" drive torque wrenches out and torqued up every bolt i sight, replaced every vac line with fresh line and pulled out every single sensor on the ute and hit them with the CRC contact cleaner.

Next up is a YD25.com EGR delete kit with cooler hose loop.

Nav has had a huge birthday in the last few weeks. Got a big trip in two weeks, and after evaluating as to whether i get a brand new D23 or keep the D40, i decided to keep the D40 as i have spent too much time and money on it to sell it.

So, i went to town on it with genuine parts etc:

New thermostat
Full engine block coolant flush
New pulleys and belts
New UHF (old one was shagged)
New alternator (aftermarket 130AH trade price from work)
New front strut bushes top and bottom
Pulled cross member off and surrounding arms etc, inspected, cleaned and repainted black with chassis paint from work
New radiator hoses
New wheel nuts (lol)
Purged all greasable points with Castrol bearing grease
New rear brake shoes
Pissed the blanking plate off and went with a Crispmods EGR delete cable (much better)
Brake and PS fluid full flush with fresh fluids

As it now stands, every single solitary fluid on the Navara has been flushed and replaced, almost every single bush has been replaced and every hose bar the fuel lines. Was all well worth the weekends in the garage sweating my arse off in this Victorian summer.

Drives a million times better, boost pickup is the smoothest it has ever been with that Tillix valve setup correctly (sitting dead on 20PSI at 2700 revs and holds so no overboost), and really gets up and moves quickly from 2000 revs.

It's an absolute pleasure to drive these days.

Back