How many km's on your D22 ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All, my d22 just hit 478K klms in Sept. Last days of the month engine wouldn't start. Had me tossed. Found code to indicate pump electronics had failed. New Inj Pump, had the same pump rebuilt. New set of Inj's and away we go again. First time it has ever let me down in 17yrs (?) Still with original everything on the engine, orig clutch, orig trans, tfr box, drive line, front discs, uni joints. Catch can and butterfly mod done. It's done it all too, 4wding, towed horse floats interstate, towed 2.5+T trailers etc. This ute has been unbelievable.
Regularly gets 9.7klm/L @ 100klm/hr and no oil top up between services. It has cost me nothing. If my V6 STX does half as good a job I'll write it up too.

Hi All, my d22 just hit 478K klms in Sept. Last days of the month engine wouldn't start. Had me tossed. Found code to indicate pump electronics had failed. New Inj Pump, had the same pump rebuilt. New set of Inj's and away we go again. First time it has ever let me down in 17yrs (?) Still with original everything on the engine, orig clutch, orig trans, tfr box, drive line, front discs, uni joints. Catch can and butterfly mod done. It's done it all too, 4wding, towed horse floats interstate, towed 2.5+T trailers etc. This ute has been unbelievable.
Regularly gets 9.7klm/L @ 100klm/hr and no oil top up between services. It has cost me nothing. If my V6 STX does half as good a job I'll write it up too.
that's awesome mate.

yeah my d22 has 395,000 but not much luck with this one , nearly everything has been replaced including taking the front of the car off and welding all the spider cracks all over it , tearing a shock mount out , cracked chassis ,worn door hinges , cracked intercooler , worn out turbo ,cracked exhaust manifold ,cracked air con pipework , broken body mount ,, and then there are the consumables ,, radiator , ball joints , control arm , all wheel bearings ,clutch, gear box ,water pumps ,broken wheel studs , wheel arch flares , even wore out an ignition key , windscreens , five cb radio antenna , on and on we go and that doesnt include the mods , extra six springs in the back , front lockers , egr delete , special fuel filter system , catch can , double row timing chain and a full engine rebuild a month ago , and thats just what i can remember ,, my last navara was a d21 and it got to 700,000 so i thought the d22 would be just as good ... how wrong i was

my D22 ( 2003 3 litre ZD30 190k ) -only had it for a few months -all good -gave it a birthday ( because I could-not because I had to ) with new radiator/fan, bearings and a few other things ..hopefully this is a Wednesday car but so far so good

90,000 from new, no problems. Except the add on cruise control is getting hard to set.

2005 D22 with 3.0 l motor. Just clocked 250k and oil stays clean -never had a diesel that does that. Bought at an auction some months ago with a few problems which have now been fixed.

wrong oil??it could be that the oil is not doing its job, oil for diesel engines goes black its designed to do that >IT should thicken as it does its job

Ummm. Oil goes black because of blow by and soot from poorly burnt fuel. The whole object of these motors is to burn clean, good for the motor , good for the environment. The trade off is complexity of the self monitoring bits.

wrong oil??it could be that the oil is not doing its job, oil for diesel engines goes black its designed to do that >IT should thicken as it does its job
Agree, one of the jobs of engine oil is cleaning, it drags the soot and byproducts down into the sump and holds it in suspension. Diesel oils usually have detergent additives for this. So if it's doing its job properly it will go dark.

The old zd30 seems different to a lot of other diesels though in that it can take a while. Usually a couple of thousand kilometres before it begins changing colour. It's quite dark by five thousand though (when I change it). Although I normally do lots of off road with plenty of low speed/low range stuff, so the mileage could be deceiving. Would change it every ten thousand kms if it was only used on the highway.

Not sure about the engine oil staying clean between changes though, as I have heard some people say. Would be something wrong there, the crud is better going out with the oil than staying in the motor. Exaggeration?

Maybe I need to add that when I say clean, that does not mean it looks like new, just that the oil has not reached its capacity to keep engine clean. Yes it goes dark by 5k, but is not black, does not stain

Latest posts

Back