Heading to the cold places

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old.Tony

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to put this, because I could put it as a system-wide announcement, but that's a little too "in your face". It's also not about the Nav ... but it is about me not being here for a few days, and why, so here we go.

Now that our little guy is a little older, he's starting to join me on some longer rides. So far we've done a couple of moderate-distance single night stays, and many single-day rides. But now we're aiming a tiny bit higher.

On 8th June (start of the Queen's birthday weekend) we're heading off to the Alpine Motorcycle Rally at Yarrangobilly (not far from Cooma). We've got all our warm gear, a decent tent, and a comfortable way of getting there, see the pic below from our last overnight adventure.

Now while I've been up to Bathurst quite a number of times in recent years and worked at Mt Panorama during race events, I've always been able to take my laptop with me and keep the spammer accounts off the forum and approve moderated posts and that sort of stuff. But from 8th June to 10th June, I won't be able to do this, so if it hits the fan, unfortunately it will have to wait until I'm back.

Here's the gear. Trailer now has a couple of bars on the top so I can tie stuff to it, there's 4x AGM batteries (about 120Ah in total) in the bottom of the trailer, I'm even taking a porta potty so we don't have to go hunting for a toilet in the middle of the night.

BTW, if YOU have a motorcycle and want to go somewhere to freeze your nuts off, this is the event - it's the 50th anniversary event, too.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20190316_073217_1024x576.jpg
    20190316_073217_1024x576.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 147
geez, as much equipment on this rig, as on the Nav!
was up that way last week, still quite mild, but i believe that's about to change!
enjoy!

Nice set-up Tony! :)

I did that long weekend in the Flinders on a bike with a tent many years ago, I still remember how cold the ride up was lol! Had to thaw out around the fire at Craddock!

I just realised that was 40 years ago, where the hell did that go!

Enjoy your trip! :cheers!:

My last foray to the Alpine Rally was 1986, so we're getting there too. Time flies when you're having kids and can't stray far from home!

My eldest grandson turned 17 this year! Feeling old? Much lol!

Oh yeah. Old is so much fun.

Actually I've been having fun. Since I retired I've been even busier than I used to be, although I can make time for many different things as long as they don't impact on school for the little guy or his various appointments. I don't have a lot of money to spend on fun, but life is good.

Joe: "Hello" will be said tomorrow, I carted him off to bed about 10 minutes ago, he was so tired he was snoring in my arms while I carried him. Are you and family still travelling around? Hope you're all well!

Thanks Tony. Everyone is well here. We got back home easter monday. No holidays now until the end of the year. Did enjoy the time at Mudgee and a few days in Wagga, but like all trips, it wasn't long enough.

Trip to Bathurst and marshalling duties went well?

You two guys have fun over the long weekend and keep warm! I know I have seen the photo before but that is a nice bike.

Safe travels.

Holidays are never long enough! Was there much to do in Wagga Wagga?

Bathurst was a hoot. Walked so much my legs let me know EVERY day, usually it's just at the end of the last day, but I walked pit lane so many times my pedometer said I covered 73 miles. Probably did!

73 miles! That could have been a few laps.

Somehow we always seem to end up at Wagga after the yearly sojourn to Tumut. Usually fit in three stops. This year was it Mudgee in between.

I think the girls like the shops in Wagga while I sit outside waiting with the dog. Also go for drives to Junee (licorice factory), Coolaman (cheese) and the Palm and Pawn (pub) in Wagga for a jumbo chicken parma. It's not fine dining but we can take the dog. There is enough to do for a few days and our expectations are low. lol

We have usually stayed at the Wagga Beach Caravan Park which is nothing flash, but located in town and adjoinging Wagga Beach. Council owned, it is due for closure this year. It often floods and the land is to be redeveloped for recreational purposes.

We have usually stayed at the Wagga Beach Caravan Park which is nothing flash, but located in town and adjoinging Wagga Beach. Council owned, it is due for closure this year. It often floods and the land is to be redeveloped for recreational purposes.

So caravanning isn't recreational?

I must be doing it wrong!!

Oh yeah. Old is so much fun.

Actually I've been having fun. Since I retired I've been even busier than I used to be, although I can make time for many different things as long as they don't impact on school for the little guy or his various appointments. I don't have a lot of money to spend on fun, but life is good.

Joe: "Hello" will be said tomorrow, I carted him off to bed about 10 minutes ago, he was so tired he was snoring in my arms while I carried him. Are you and family still travelling around? Hope you're all well!

I actually don't mind being my age most of the time. We are well free of kids. So we live the lifestyle we enjoy.

If I retired, we couldn't. So I keep working.

A mate retired early & is now a grey nomad. But he had to sell his house to afford it. That's not for me.

So, I plod along, cutting down trees & trimming hedges & taking time for outback trips a few times a year. I'm getting slower at the tree work though!

Latest posts

Back