Turbo Boost Actuator 2013 Navara D40 2.5

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickyb9999

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just been given the bad news, my turbo boost actuator has gone. Apparently, you have to replace the entire turbo as the electronic actuator is attached to it. Nissan have quoted 3945.20, which is quite expensive. Does anyone know where I can get a new one from which suits my veh? The part number Nissan gave me is NI-14411-5X01B. The bloke at Nissan was quite helpful and said if I got an aftermarket one, he would get the boys to install it for 720 plus another 150 for gaskets and possibly new bolts.

Links to websites where I could purchase a new one from would be helpful thanks,

Richard.
Veh 2013 D40 Navara St 2.5lt VSK - Spain

My local guy charges me $350 to change the turbocharger. Gasket kit cost sounds about right.

Of course Nissan will tell you to replace the whole turbocharger. It's highly likely that the actuator itself is only available from Honeywell Garrett. It would certainly be worth your while to write to them and ask if they have an actuator for that model turbo as a spare part (which is possible).

Unfortunately Dawes or Tilix valves won't work for your turbocharger. Are you certain it's not just a loose/dirty connection?

Hi Tony thanks for your reply. Not to sure which connections I should check, not the most mechanically minded person. I did take the plug off the actuator, it appears clean and made sure it was put back on correctly.

My understanding and according to Nissan you can’t just replace the actuator itself, you have to replace the whole turbo? Mines like a black box attached to the turbo. It appears it’s attached with three star bolts, then there is a little arm which moves. I googled and it appears you can buy just the actuator, however not sure how you would detach the little arm.

Last edited:
The little arm is the connection to the vanes within the turbocharger.

What's the cost of the actuator? It might be worth grabbing one and handing it to a mechanic and let HIM figure out how to do it. Hopefully it won't involved removing the turbocharger, if you do that you should replace the gaskets at least (but the mechanic will know that).

sorry to revive an old thread, but did you end up finding out if you could replace just the actuator?

and what lead you to believe the actuator had failed? I may be facing similar fate with mine, intermittently loosing power and a fault code of p1021 being stored, however never lights the Engine Light.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back