Kill Switch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benengel

Reaction score
Recently there has been a spike in 4wd's being stolen and i thought it would be dumb to at least not do part in stopping the truck in being stolen...
i was thinking of putting a kill switch in but can't decide on what to isolate to stop the truck from running...
was thinking either the starter or fuel pump.. what would be your guys opinions?

The fuel pump is mechanical. However, you should be able to put a switch (relay, not just a switch) in the MAPS line. Without MAPS data the ECU should shut the car down. On the D40 you could use either the MAFS or the FRPS, either would provide zero response to the ECU and the ECU should call it quits to protect the engine.

Isolating the starter won't help, you could clutch it.

Relay operation is simple: you need a reasonably heavy positive and negative wire running from the battery area to the engine itself, so I'd run it along the battery negative cable and then up to the sensor you're knocking out. The positive cable goes to battery positive with a fuse. The negative cable runs in to the cabin to a hidden switch, the other pole of the switch is connected to the bodywork under the dash. Then just cut the sensor wire and hook it up to pins 30 and 87 of the relay (doesn't matter which way). Hook up the positive and negative lines to pins 85 and 86 (doesn't matter which way). The important part is getting the power to pins 85/86 and the sensor wires to pins 30/87.

And if your car ever stops, check the relay/fuse first.

Yeah I had an immobiliser/alarm/central lock installed from new 14 years ago and still works perfectly. Wish I knew the override code tho in case or failure...I lost the card years ago. I keep a spare battery for the remote in the glovebox in case

Latest posts

Back