Intermittent Loss of Power. Feels like no turbo. Runs normal after turning off and on

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tristan

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a 2012 D22 with the 2.5 Turbo. 125,000 on the clock.

I left the vehicle without driving it for 6 months. On return I am getting an intermittent loss of power whilst driving. It only occurs occasionally and if I stop and turn off and on it then runs normally for a while. The loss of power occurs in all gears and at all speeds. I struggle to get the car up to 100 km/hr and it wont go up hills at all.

It has always been serviced prior to sitting.

I have removed the air flow meter and cleaned it, which did not help.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? or have any ideas what this may be?

Sitting for that long I'd suspect stale fuel. You can try and drive it to use it up, or drain it and refill with fresh fuel and try that first. You might also be able to put some diesel treatment in the tank and top up with fresh fuel and see if that helps.

I don't think it's the fuel, diesel doesn't go off like petrol does, not over 6 months anyway.

Have you tried to pull an error code or checked the main fuses yet?
I think the car has done a coincidental fault when you went to start it up the last time.

Yeah fair point, I didn't really notice that it returned to normal for a while after a shutdown and restart.

Only other thing I can think of is the SCV being faulty, but normally you have a bad idle with that.

I had the same problem a few months ago, after a lot of trial and error I changed fuel filters, I have two, and surging stopped.

mine goes doughy when the intercooler starts to leak..then comes good for awhile

I have 2 fuel filters too and the motor goes soft as well..then starts to miss..change both of them out as well

BUT dont discount a leak on the boost side

Diesel may not go off like petrol, but there is a bug that grows in it which lives of moisture that forms from condensation, which is caused by the heating and cooling inside the tank, its like a fungi, it will block pipes and injectors, if your vehicle has been siting for a period of time with out a full tank, then its likely you have some form of diesel bacteria growing. if you are getting loss of power under load, or even stalls, and then a good restart, that often indicates a restriction in the fuel lines.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back