The New D40 BlackFree

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bullbar

Mate the only bar available for the stx 550 is the ECB bar. Looks awsome though when fitted to the car....

Yeah i do like it. but i want a steel bar and want the option of a which down the track... Might just have to keep waiting for the xrox...

G'day NA,
I spoke with ARB Kilsyth (Vic) last week and they said they will contact me in January regarding their bullbar. I've been waiting patiently for 9 months and finally some news.
Just racked up 25,000kms and still running like a dream - 9.6ltrs/100kms. I like your rims - thinking of getting the factory ones powdercoated black. Cheers Jase.

The reason the current ARB bar doesn't fit is because of the new larger intercooler on the 550 and
the location it is mounted, front in between chassis rails. If this has been taken into account, and it still fits, I think you've found
what a lot of people have been looking for.

Just got off the phone to MCC 4x4 accessories in Thomastown Vic - they currently do not have a bar to fit the 550 - it is still in design stage at the factory so they tell me. Probably waiting for the ARB bar so they can make a copy!

Cheers Scotty, yeah cant wait!!

Jase, they assure me they fit the 550... I think I'm going to wait till after christmas and see what else is around, I usually rush into things and regret it later... No rush huge rush now as the tyres dont rub anymore with the body lift.

Cheers Rusty, good to meet you too mate!

Car is booked in on friday for an xrox to be fitted and picked up some spotties for it too. Now I can get to work on a bash plate and making some brackets to fit scotties sliders to it.

A little worried its turning off the traction control by itself and keeping the slip indicator light illuminated with it... I think it may have shit a sensor, not looking forward to fighting with nissan about this, after the mods I've done I'm certain they will try and weasle out of it.

Cheers Rusty, good to meet you too mate!

Car is booked in on friday for an xrox to be fitted and picked up some spotties for it too. Now I can get to work on a bash plate and making some brackets to fit scotties sliders to it.

A little worried its turning off the traction control by itself and keeping the slip indicator light illuminated with it... I think it may have shit a sensor, not looking forward to fighting with nissan about this, after the mods I've done I'm certain they will try and weasle out of it.

hey mate trucks lookin sweet.
how much you get the xrox bar for they just went up in price yesterday.
and where from?

cheers dozell

Cheers mate, it ended up being 1295 + fitting, I really wasnt interested in fitting it as it would have to be modified to suit the body lift. Bit of a shame with the price increase cause I've been chasing one for nearly 6 months...

On a side note, Fixed the the traction control problem, had a blown brake light fuse and seems all good now.

Bar being fitted tomorrow, so should have some pics shortly...

That's pretty good price mate. The XROX bars have gone up on price since yesterday. OL at rockdale wanted like 1250 just for the bar...
So I searched around for another and I found a place in Perth that gave it to me for $1040 but they said I have to wait 3 weeks till I have it.

Did you know you just different brackets for the XROX bar so it suits the 50mm body lift??

Dozell

Thought I should post some pics of the new bar. Also fitted some HID bushrangers after I got it home. Also drew up some bracketsin cad to mount the OEM foggies in the xrox bar and cut em out on the plasma cutter at work, I think they came up pretty good... Now to pull my finger out and make some brackets to mount Scotties sliders..

Absolutely no concerns with airflow to the intercooler with the xrox, although a winch will block some of that flow I'm going to try be really tricky when I fab up the bash plates and create a scoop that directs flow to the intercooler. Will post pics of when I get around to it. Need to save and source a whinch first so I know what room I'm working with.

Attachments

• Navvy 2.jpg
    Navvy 2.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 1,137
  • Navvy.jpg
    Navvy.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 353
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 363
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 335
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 300
And the finished product, just have to extend the factory fog light wires and its sorted!

If anyone wants some of these brackets let me know, we have heaps of 3mm scrap so I'll do them cheap or I'm also happy to supply a cad file if you would like to get them cut yourself.

Attachments

• photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 355
Found a little motivation this afternoon, so decided to work out a way to mount Scotties sliders. I decided I did not want to weld anything to the chassis so spent some time making some brackets, Got one side on and tacked up but ran out of motivation when I got to the front mount. I'll try and finish them off next week. Came Up with some "u" shaped brackets for the 2 rear mounts which came up pretty well. Super solid and they are only tacked on there at the moment.

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 265
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 245
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 282
And a couple more..

Attachments