Performance mods D40 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you guys enjoying the thread so far?

• YES

Votes: 159 93.5%
  • NO

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters
Just a question, when you changed the piping work, did you notice the boost coming in a little bit earlier than usual? I read somewhere else, the soft piping balloons up a bit when boosting so the boost doesn't go straight into the engine immediately. Just curious.

Yeh I did, it's noticeable but the biggest difference was when I did the airbox hard piping.. You can really hear the turbo too..

Mate; that is well done, some really good, food for thought ideas.

Presentations with the pictures are great and your descriptions clear and precise, you have taken a lot of the guess work out of where, I need to start adding things, and in the right area.

Thank you, will keep this post in my favourites for future reference, and look forward to any other additions.

hey mate for the air intake is the snorkel entry to the air filter water tight?

Yeh mate they are, the flange has a rubber gasket behind it which I put a little silicon between it before I bolted it on to the snorkel fitting.. So I'm guessing it is but I haven't gone underwater yet since I have done the mod so I'm not 100%

And for everyone that wants to know the intercooler size is 450mm X 300mm X 76mm which I have a bar and fin, if you can afford it I'd go the tube and fin design.. Cheers.

Mate; that is well done, some really good, food for thought ideas.

Presentations with the pictures are great and your descriptions clear and precise, you have taken a lot of the guess work out of where, I need to start adding things, and in the right area.

Thank you, will keep this post in my favourites for future reference, and look forward to any other additions.

Not a problem mate, I found a lot of useful things on here that helped me out so I thought that I would share the love haha.. :makeout:

I purchased the unichip q+ from America off unichipwholesale.com and I'm getting northside 4x4 to tune it for me.. Don't bother with cnj there a bunch of cockheads :)

so what did you buy, uni chip + (did you need any looms for that) the 5way switch anything else?

Yeh the unichip 5 way map switch "touch" and the idriver apparently it should work on the diesel because they don't make the dx something for the diesels it's for the injector extender to make more fuel but I will let you know how I go with that and I should get some Dyno results as well which I'll post

OK! So after taking my beast to Diesel Australia today and after $250 just for diagnostics alone found out that its my fuel rail pressure sensor.. Nissan want $800 for a new one and these guys want $500 to fit it.. So....... I have purchased a second hand one from eBay (hope it will work) and replace it myself so that way i would only be $170 out of pocket and my time to install it.... I called Denso today and they told me that you cant change the sensors on their own due to some shit stretching and it only comes in a unit and that they only supply to OEM companies.. Sucks balls if you ask me they should make these things like 200bux seeing as I had to spend 40k+ for a car that cuts out.. Anyway thought I would let you guys know so good luck to me!

Oh and apparently the rail is out by 130bar "real time" reading to what the computer is reading so basically its dumping fuel straight out the exhaust.. No wonder im getting 450km per tank ey?

yeh i was thinking of buyi ng one of those fuel tubs that guys have on their trays with the bowser handel on it lol plenty of $$$ to fill that up!

Ok so I have received the used fuel rail today and will get into this afternoon hopefully it will work and no more cutting out!!!

Attachments

• image-3868710759.jpg
    image-3868710759.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 323

Latest posts

Back