Performance mods D40 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you guys enjoying the thread so far?

• YES

Votes: 159 93.5%
  • NO

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters
There is light at the end of the tunnel!!!! Finally it's fixed wow I'm so happy after years of owning this car I finally fixed the cutting out bullshit... Took me about 5 hours to replace a lot of bullshit won't do it again that's for sure!

There is light at the end of the tunnel!!!! Finally it's fixed wow I'm so happy after years of owning this car I finally fixed the cutting out bullshit... Took me about 5 hours to replace a lot of bullshit won't do it again that's for sure!

Congrats !

Yep! Got the unichip installed just need to tune it so that's next. Just need to get some cash together over the next few weeks then book it in for the tune.. Ill keep you guys posted and dyno graphs will be up too

And by the way guys, I had replaced my suction valve a few months ago thinking that would have been the case so my advice is to anyone having an issue with cutting out try not to troubleshoot yourself it can get expensive.. PS. I tried removing the sensor and the relief valve at the end of it with no luck it's on so tight that it seems like the thread might as well be welded on I'm thinking it might be heat treated or something... Anyway I got some stuff to show you guys this week I did a few more mods this week ill post pics soon

4BYFOR
Sounds like your chip is putting up to much pressure in the rail.Soon as that happens the relief sensor on the end of the rail relieves back to the tank and can go to limp mode.Will sometimes throw up a code if that happens.I have changed the sensors without changing the rail.I will say that you have to lean on the spanner to get them off.

4BYFOR
Sounds like your chip is putting up to much pressure in the rail.Soon as that happens the relief sensor on the end of the rail relieves back to the tank and can go to limp mode.Will sometimes throw up a code if that happens.I have changed the sensors without changing the rail.I will say that you have to lean on the spanner to get them off.

Well you can do me a big favour then, where do you buy these sensors from?? I called denso and they don't make them separately so maybe a different company does? I still have the old rail and would like to buy new sensor and resell it to make some money back on it seeing as just in fuel system I have spend close to 1000 bux... Cheers
Btw I don't have a chip connected to fuel rail.. Unichip is a ecu piggyback not like the CR chips...

Last edited:
Ok so I did another small mod today well yesterday but I fitted them off today.. I blacked out the navara emblem and Matt blacked the tailgate cover and tinted the rear lights.. Looks pretty good I think..

Attachments

• image-1430335004.jpg
    image-1430335004.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 626
  • image-863650528.jpg
    image-863650528.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 605
Hey guys got a sports bar which is kinda scratched up a little but I'm going to paint it matt black see how it will look on my nav if I don't like it ill sell it cheap to you guys if interested.. Ill post pics once completed

Ok so the sports bar is all painted up now just waiting for the LEDs which in going to install into it and connect it to my reverse lights so I can get more light at night while reversing! Might become a mod a lot of people might do after this.. New trend? Hehe

Ok so the sports bar is all painted up now just waiting for the LEDs which in going to install into it and connect it to my reverse lights so I can get more light at night while reversing! Might become a mod a lot of people might do after this.. New trend? Hehe

I wired mine through this remote(with dimmer) so i can use them to light up camp site at night,real handy if you need to get up for a piss during the night.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wireless...ans&hash=item460251646d&_uhb=1#ht_4649wt_1139

Navarian, that's a cool gadget might come in handy for other projects.. I'm actually going to cut the sports bar and set the lights into it and run the wires in the bar.. Like the new 550 brake light except 2 either side with white lights..

Last edited:
That should look good and work well.I'm not sure where they run the 550 wires out of the sports bar,but i removed the bar and drilled a hole at the bottom front part of the bar where it meets the tub.Then i pushed the wires through until they hit the bottom and then pulled them out with some heavy household fuse wire with a hook bent on the end.
Bit of heavy duty swearing and i got them out.
I just used nut serts to mount my lights and drilled holes in the bar behind the lights to run the wires through.
Nothing flash but suits my needs.

Last edited:
That should look good and work well.I'm not sure where they run the 550 wires out of the sports bar,but i removed the bar and drilled a hole at the bottom front part of the bar where it meets the tub.Then i pushed the wires through until they hit the bottom and then pulled them out with some heavy household fuse wire with a hook bent on the end.
Bit of heavy duty swearing and i got them out.
I just used nut serts to mount my lights and drilled holes in the bar behind the lights to run the wires through.
Nothing flash but suits my needs.

Nice work, yeh I have no idea why you would run it outside when it's fitted into the bar.. Yeh when I painted the bar I took it apart and seen that you can only run the wires either way down the big bar but I'm thinking of getting a metal hole saw about to drill the hole out as big as I can for future wiring to go in easily and not swear as much as you haha but good work mate great minds think alike!

Last edited:
Hi mate, i see you put a hard pipe from the turbo to your airfilter.
I want to do this also from the factory airbox to turbo, what is the diameter of the turbo inlet??
Looks as though i will need to get a piece of silicone pipe that reduces in size as the connection from the airbox is about 3 inches.

Latest posts

Back