Aussie Arctic Trucks D40 STX 550 35" Tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthewe2108

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have purchased Arctic Truck Kit from Iceland, only took me about 12months and 1 million emails to source these parts, plus a **** load of money to get these parts to Australia. Whats in the build from my Navara D40 STX 550?
-2" suspension Lift (King Shocks and Springs all Round with External Resivors)
-6" Arctic Truck Flares
-2" Snake Racing Rear Spring Hangers
-17 x10" Arctic Truck Rims ( 315x70x17 BFG Tyres)
-Arctic Truck Upper Front Arms
-Arctic Truck Mud Flaps
-Custom 3" exhaust and Chip for the V6TD
-Custom Stainless Snorkel,
-Custom Chromemolly Bullbar with winch,
-New HID Spotlights,
-Dual Battery in the Tray,
-Snow Performance Water/Methonol Injection Kit,
-Wire in Some Boost/ Oil Pressure/ Water Temp/ Trans Temp Gauges,
-Custom Make new intercooler piping as standard has way to many restrictions and tight squashed bends,

Here are some pictures of the mods done so far:-

409667_4559059541651_1754952698_n.jpg

405353_4559047941361_1573375322_n.jpg

523247_4559047061339_1999837988_n.jpg

546507_4524370834455_1058627291_n.jpg

giddy up! will certainly be an epic truck!
for those who don't know... King Offroad Shocks now has an Australian agent/distributor/service department based in Brisbane. The guys running it have over 25 years offroad racing experience and are very helpful. They work very closely with King in the US and have done multiple trips to their US headquarters for tech training etc

Hi Guys,

Where I am at with the Nav, Hopefully this week I will be dropping the flares off to get painted and waiting for my 315x 70x 17 BFG tyres to turn up from the US, But the Biggest problem I have is getting a custom Bull bar made.

I got 2 options:-
1:- Buy a steel bullbar for a Nav and hack it up to make it 12 inchs wider
2:- Find a standard Plastic bumper for now and put the Arctic Trucks Nudge bar on, but those bumpers are extremely hard to find and cost shit loads for something that will only be temporary.

cheers Matt

that will look shit hot when its all fitted.

are you going to do anything to the driveline to handle the big tyres?

maybe you could get a xrox tube bullbar, both sides of the bar are bolt on so you could take them off and have someone fabricate wider ones to suit and bolt them on.

That red one looks nice but I have no idea why someone would spend I am guessing close to $10K on all that stuff to fit 35" All Terrains??? Really if you are going to go to the trouble and expense why not fit muddies????????

That red one looks nice but I have no idea why someone would spend I am guessing close to $10K on all that stuff to fit 35" All Terrains??? Really if you are going to go to the trouble and expense why not fit muddies????????

I do a shit load of Highway driving around 50,000 per year. So Untill I get everything the way I want it, that includes Stronger diffs, Airlockers, all the shit and the setup to go to the cape and out west to Alice for Finke. By the time I get all those mods done I will have worked out what muddies im gona run with. But the BFG's will be a good start and see how the car handles now with the wider foot print.

Latest posts

Back