Navara d40 from Norway.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hei.

Have a 2007 mod d40 with the 2,5turbo diesel. The car have 100000km on it now, had it for 3 years now and done some small things with it.

Dtk chip, blended egr, modified intake, rollbar, front bar and some American outlows wheels. 265-75-16.

Have orderd a chipit dpfpipe and looking for new intake. Some tried knfilter cone intake??

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=200905905631

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 16,527
Welcome to the forum!

If you're changing filters, consider using a paper element filter, because oil-saturated filters can deposit a film on the MAFS which will make the readings (of air flow in grams per second and intake air temp) inaccurate.

Hello and welcome, nice looking king cab mate.
there are a few on here using those filters, although we call the "POD" filters. I just cant remember what the names of the members are.
when i think of who they are i will let you know

Last edited:
Welcome KR. Always nice to see guys from other parts of the world on here.

Nice looking King Cab to. By the way what country is your KC manufactured? All King cabs here are Thai built but noticed you're has the aerial in on the roof like Spanish built.

Amazing looking country Norway. Think it has the most northern road in the world without taking a ferry or plane. Now that's gotta be worth the drive. Must get there someday.

2011 ST-X King Cab

Thanks:) Not shure where its manufactured, gona trie to find out. Yes the roads i Norway are very special with high moutains and strait down in the sea many place and deep canyons up in the moutains.

About the kn filter i was thinking of baying the kn filter cover and go with out the oil. Any of you tried the dpf pipe from chipit?

many of us have tried the DPF delete pipes from chip it, I have one works great improved my fuel economy by 1-2 litres per hundred, I would recommend it

Nice Navara mate, A user named 4BYFOR I think that's how he spells it has a pod filter installed on his D40 along with an intercooler and a nice hard pipe upgrade that I'm considering. Check out his garage for some pics.

I'll actually be heading to Norway to visit some friends later this year, keen to see some snow and they told me to get ready to see the Preikestolen. . not keen for it. .

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bd/Preikestolen_Norge.jpg

Is it alot work to mount the pipe? havent recived it yet. Norway is a very nice contry, so hope you got to se the moutains and some snow:)

Nice looking King Cab to. By the way what country is your KC manufactured? All King cabs here are Thai built but noticed you're has the aerial in on the roof like Spanish built.

Based on the ribbed bumper I would say Thailand... what are the first three letters of your VIN?

Anyway nice Nav mate and welcome to the forums! :)

Recived the dpf pipe yesterday, have to find some time to mount it. I have also taken of the blie lights and mounted 3 new with clear lence, looks mutch better. Will post a pic later.

Will it be enough rom for a batteri in the engine room if you remove the air box and mounth ha kn cone filter intake, look like it takes alots of space original.

Hei guys, been a while now, Not mutch have happend to the car. But have som parts coming in soon.

kn filter kit.

intercoler pipe.

reverse camera is also comming on soon.

gonna mount a extra battery when the kn filter is installed, gonna put it in front of the kn filter.

have webasto diesel warmer on it an in the winter when the webasto is running befor i start the car i dont have enought electrick power some times.

also trying to sell the roll bar because it is for a d22, gonna order a new one for the d40.

Had a diesel leak on the fuel rail for a while, but was the fuel pressure relife valve that needed som tightning..

Ok! Thanks for popping in and the update mate.

Have the K&N filter in mine and didn't really notice any difference. Although slightly better down low. When going off road I put the paper one back in.

How does the Webasto keep the engine block warm in winter? Not that I have to worry about such things living in the tropics:) Just interesting that's all

The biggest reason for the kn mod is to fit a battery in front.

The webasto runs on diesel, and is warming the cooling water up, and starts the electric fan inside the car so its warm when i need it.

We actually looked at a Webasto as a heater for our previous caravan and decided against it due to its current draw. Saw one in action in a 8m 5th wheeler (Macquarie 25 Travelhome) and it was awesome, but when we did the power sums we realised that we'd fall far short. The new van has enough roof space for (I'd guess) another 5 panels (130W each) and space under bench for another 3 120Ah batteries, so I could do it now.

The problem is that a consistent power draw of 4A overnight (see this page for the Webasto range of space heaters appropriate for RV use) would have killed our previous setup. Now, in the new van, I could dedicate a 120Ah AGM battery to it and with 80% of its capacity available ( = 96Ah) I could run 4A continuously for 24 hours.

In order to provide recharge capacity for that battery, I'd need to supply that 4A plus return about 18 hours x 4A = 72Ah to the batteries in the 5-6 hours that my solar panels are functional (let's say 5 hours) so in total I'd need solar panels delivering 72+20=92Ah over 5 hours or 18.4A per hour which at 130W per panel (about 7A if you want to be really conservative) means I need 3 solar panels just to drive the battery for the heater.

Instead, I bought a heater similar to this one from Rays Outdoors, although the Rays unit is a little dangerous because we DID buy one and found that it heated the butane canister as well, so we took it back (poor design). The heater works well enough, although it won't work for the OP's use of heating the coolant up.

Now, in that sort of use, an aux battery is perfect, but you'd need to drive around for a couple of hours (slightly more, really) to return the power used by the heater (assuming cruise driving with about 30A available @ 2000rpm during the day).

Attachments

• Veltebøyle 2.jpg
    Veltebøyle 2.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 70
  • led ryggelys.jpg
    led ryggelys.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 66
  • led bremselys.jpg
    led bremselys.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 68
  • kupefilter.jpg
    kupefilter.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 68
  • dieselfilter.jpg
    dieselfilter.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Love the sound of the kn filter, and i feel the diffrence in the breathing.

Attachments

• kn filter.jpg
    kn filter.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 81

Latest posts

Back