D22 overheating at high speed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrew191171

Reaction score
My d22 is overheating on highway driving, above 80km/hr, going up slight rises, temp drops on downhills and is fine city driving.
I replaced the thermostat but didn't fix the issue.
Any ideas?

sounds like its the clutch fan hub, or restricted water flow in the system. try a good radiator flush as the coolant does jell up after time if not replaced and this blockes the radiator cores. realy the best way to flush out the radiator is do by a radiator shop as the actuall cores need a good clean out.

actually a faulty fan hub will also cause the engine to run hotter at higher rpm,s. i allways thought this fan hub type was more suited to slower driving but many have said high speed engine rpms as well.

Don't spend a cent before you do one simple test.

Get the car out and up to normal operating temperature. When she's nice and warm, pull over, engine off, pop the bonnet and try turning the fan over with your fingers - be careful, everything nearby is bloody hot!

If the fan turns over very easily, the fluid couple is shot and you can get a new one here. If it's quite stiff, then your radiator cores are blocked and you need to either re-core the radiator, or replace it (consider a more efficient one).

I had the same thing above 80kph the temp would Sky rocket slow down and the temp would drop.

Turns out my radiator 80% blocked new radiator all good

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back