3 inch exhaust for D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acko13

Reaction score
Having suffered some exhaust damage it seems like a good excuse to fit a 3 inch King Brown system from turbo back.
Has anyone on here fitted a 3 inch system to a D40 (140KW) and was there any noticeable improvement?
Is it necessary to have the diesel injector pump re calibrated or whatever?

Not necessarily need to touch pump.

There is alot of other brands of there for alot less money to.

Be sure to get a high flow cat and muffler for best results in my opinion

I had a 3" Turbo back Exhaust put on my 126kW Nav.

I got a pretty affordable one. I have an Auto so it was also a DPF delete. It made a noticeable improvement before I got an ECU remap a month later to properly deal with the DPF delete.

If you have a DPF that gets lost in the exhaust upgrade, you will likely need to do a ECU reflash. There are other ways around it but if you want it done properly a remap is the way to do it.

I got a pretty affordable one. I have an Auto so it was also a DPF delete. It made a noticeable improvement before I got an ECU remap a month later to properly deal with the DPF delete.

If you have a DPF that gets lost in the exhaust upgrade, you will likely need to do a ECU reflash. There are other ways around it but if you want it done properly a remap is the way to do it.

Mine is a 140KW STX, and being a manual version has no DPF. The pipe leading to the cat converter was cracked and a hole had burned through the converter. That's the first time the exhaust people has seen one do that.
Had the system for a few days now and there is a noticeable improvement in acceleration through the gears. Noise level is low - typical diesel I guess. I will be interested to see if it improves the fuel economy, but unlikely at the moment as I am enjoying the extra oomph!

i have a 126kw d40 and have had a 3" system fitted for a year now. No real increase in performance, what what has surprised me is i now get about 50/60k's LESS per tank, go figure. Apparently the brain still thinks it's a standard exhaust, so I am currently enquiring about a ECU remap, which i was going to get anyway.

Hey Matt where did you get yours? I got a DPF back and it doesn't do much.
I can't find anywhere that can do the remainder of the system from the turbo back so i might have to buy the full new one

I can't find anywhere that can do the remainder of the system from the turbo back so i might have to buy the full new one

Find and exhaust place to help. They'll need to build one to suit your half system

Howd you go finding other part of exhaust having same issues

Latest posts

Back