D40 Front Wheel Bearings

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gormo

Reaction score
My truck is parked up front wheel bearings completly shagged only got 50000k's on the clock 2008 model kingcab d40

wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

also i run 33's on 16x8's with a +50mm offset rather than the zero ffset from standard i believe this maybe a factor so any of you running the same wheels can you let me no how your front wheel bearings are coping?

at $700 a side complete sealed hub was also wondering if there was another way around it ?

to make it worst theres no hubs in the country there on a boat due in nxt month

One of the reasons there are limits to the amount of offset is the wear on the bearings. The further away from nominal, the greater the leverage on the bearing surface. Larger wheels will only make that worse, so it's no surprise there's been some wear and tear on them.

Sealed hubs huh? I am not really surprised, that seems to be quite the trend.

this be the beasty from the US truck at $138 US

40202-D40006_1.jpg

http://www.courtesyparts.com/40202m-hub-assy-road-wheelfront-frontier-d40-2005-2010-4wd-cyl-p-631490.html?cPath=4888_4889_4978_4979&

Now I have no idea if its going to be exactly the same for a Thai built truck but I would guess it has to be close if not the same

and for the 4x2 in case there is anyone else in the country with one
40202-D40005_1.jpg

Last edited:
I bet there different, certainly worth tracking down the part numbers for a significant saving.

well even with shipping the pair will cost less than the $700 they want here

just did the calculations
delivered to your door $466.82 Aus for a pair delivered via UPS so say 10 days

Last edited:
thanks guys ive sent off some emails so il see how i go. they must be weak bearings ive only had the wheel tyre combo on for about 20000k's. im hoping when i pull one apart that they were faulty from factory and have taken on water because id hate to be replacing bearings every 20000k's

hey i have 48000kms and the exact same problem with mine the bearings
have collaps so desperatly i found a wrecker that just so happen to have one
so that will get it back on the road......for the time being.

so anyways i found these hubs on uk ebay for 90pounds + postage but still
unsure if thai and spain are different or not as they dont
give any information on uk ebay!!! so fustrating any one have any
information yet?

thanks, tim.

seen a web site called allied wheel bearings who sell front assembleys for $197 bucks in queensland i think

Hi there, apparently there are 2 types of front wheel bearings on the d40. the Spain built are different (and more expensive) than the Thai built. I think about $1250 and $800. does anyone have the part number for the Spain built car?
big zetor, can you please give me the site for allied wheel bearings? $197 sounds good

hi mate its called allied bearing and tools its listed in the automotive listing on the site.

CBC have them for $248. I think they are chinese? Has anyone had any experience with them? The guy I spoke to at CBC said the quality was pretty good. The noise that my car is making is like no other wheel bearing noise I've ever heard. It winds up with speed (as you would expect) but sounds like a bad tyre. (really bad tyre)

i didn't think we had allied in mackay, but have since found them. I will go in and check it out. They said they only have 1 type listed for the years 2005-2010. Is that because all the cars for those years were built in Spain? Thanks again for the info

I finally got my front wheel bearing from allied bearings ($165- bit different to the $1250 from nissan). got it fitted up no real probs except the abs plug was really hard to pull apart. don't know if there was some dirt in it or what but I had to get a flat screwdriver and pry the thing apart. it would be a difficult job on the side of the road. I am pretty sure the bearings i got are made in China so who knows how long they will last...Thanks again big zetor for telling me about Allied

Even though I dont need these.

I might get a mates dad to check what he can get through CBC Bearings as he works there.

Made in China ain't always so bad, if people are willing to pay. The quality can be very good.

Japan started out like China after World War II.

Just got a pair for my thai built, 175 ea from repco. Cbc quoted me around 250 ea. Both trade prices

Latest posts

Back