Driving Lights upgrade on the D40 ST

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dewysan

Reaction score
HI Guys,

Hello from the Gold Coast!
1st time poster here... I am trying to upgrade my lights by adding Driving lamps(the 1st of many upgrades to come!)
I was wondering if any one would know - does the Thai built D40 ST models have the wiring loom already installed? I was going to buy an indicator stalk with the Fog/driving light switch(STX model) as I would like to keep the only blank switch plate on the console for a future spotlight upgrade. If the wiring loom is already in place, i guess i should be able to simple buy the lamps and stalk and voila!!

G'day Dewysan, you are looking at 2 things. What year model is your Navara?

The indicator stalk switch is for fog lights not driving lights. So you cannot use this for driving lights legally. So just to confirm you are wanting to add driving lights or fog lights?

If it is fog lights it will depend on the year model of your ute as to if the wiring is there. You can check for the wiring by removing the inner guard at the front. My 08 STX had the wiring in place and it was just plug and play. Easy job but mine is a Spain built ute.

As above.
No go with spotties on a stalk, MUST be connected to high beams.

Most wiring harness' have a switch in them so you won't use the blank slot your trying to save.

Sent via smoke signals

Latest posts

Back