Door not locking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-Dubya

Reaction score
Hi all. Encountered a problem with the drivers door on my D22 yesterday. The door lock wasn’t working and the door would just bounce open when I tried to shut it. I pulled the trim off the door and mucked around with the lock inside and got the mechanism to catch again. The problem now is that it won’t lock with the key or remote or by activating any of the rods connected to the mechanism inside the door. Does anyone have any idea on what could be the issue or who I should see to get it fixed. Cheers, G.

Did the mechanism on the door lock itself before the door actually closed. Did it make a bang when it closed or no sound at all.
Try the key and lock and unlock the door while it is open.

Thanks Tony. I found a 2nd hand lock mech. The door is not shutting again. When I closed it the first time it happened it was like there was the seatbelt caught in the door stopping it from closing, but when I looked there was nothing in the way. The lock mech won’t even catch if I try to lock it with a screwdriver with the door open. I think it may have had the dick and needs replacing. It is a fairly common problem in partols apparently. Nissan charge $325 for a new mech/assembly.

Latest posts

Back