a few exhaust options

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benengel

Reaction score
Hello,
been looking at exhausts lately. i currently have 3 options

1) custom exhaust from a local guy. 3inch mild steel, with hi flow cobi muffler around 750 and another 20 for a spray can....

2) https://www.deaperformance.com.au/p...D22-2.5L-3-INCH-TURBO-BACK-EXHAUST-S/DEK27-MC

3) https://www.factorydirect4x4exhaust...22-2-5l-3-dual-cab-aluminised-exhaust-system/

these both will req shipping but are also probably alot better quality for same price

and of cource, any advice or help is always appreciated :)

I’ve been looking at exhausts as well, there are some good ones on eBay for around $450 3inch straight thru or a bit more with a hotdog.

I can vouch for the DEA ones being perfectly good, have one on mine, i slightly modified it to fit custom turbo set up, an also was getting a knock on the rear shackle so had to cut and shut a touch to make it work.
I'd personally go the local guy. $750 is cheap with a muffler, especially if its a one off nd not jig built. Also, im guessing it will be done on vehicle which means it comes installed. and Third, support local buisness, dont throw you hard earned "across the duch" at these wogs if you dont have to lol. Fourth, if something does knock or isnt right he'll have to fix it.

Last edited:
i`ve got a dea and am happy with it, other than the dump pipe cracking after 10,000 kms, very hard to fit the dump pipe,tight to the firewall.... all good now though. not loud and seems to go alittle better (((-;

I can vouch for the DEA ones being perfectly good, have one on mine, i slightly modified it to fit custom turbo set up, an also was getting a knock on the rear shackle so had to cut and shut a touch to make it work.
I'd personally go the local guy. $750 is cheap with a muffler, especially if its a one off nd not jig built. Also, im guessing it will be done on vehicle which means it comes installed. and Third, support local buisness, dont throw you hard earned "across the duch" at these wogs if you dont have to lol. Fourth, if something does knock or isnt right he'll have to fix it.

Hey thanks for the advice, which DEA exhaust did you go for? with a cat converter or with out and with or with out a muffler. yeah thats a very good point, just nervous buying custom sometimes as he hasnt dont many navaras before

i`ve got a dea and am happy with it, other than the dump pipe cracking after 10,000 kms, very hard to fit the dump pipe,tight to the firewall.... all good now though. not loud and seems to go alittle better (((-;

Hey, which exhaust option did you go for? did it give it a better sound even though not much louder?
also was the performance notably different?

Hey thanks for the advice, which DEA exhaust did you go for? with a cat converter or with out and with or with out a muffler. yeah thats a very good point, just nervous buying custom sometimes as he hasnt dont many navaras before

I got muffler and cat. Has a nice note without being obnoxious. Muffler and cat both look pretty good quality. Did have a knocking issue at the leaf shackle bolt which is a pretty common problem with 3" exhaust being so tight. Could also be because the way I mounted the front end (made my own dump pipe) which may have skewed the rest of the exhaust at the other end.

Is he an exhaust guy? How many navaras does he need to have done? If his other work looks good and he seems alright I'd go with the local guy usually, down side is you have to leave the car with him, up side he does all the hard work and is accountable for it.

DEA is just an exhaust shop too, but they were enterprising enough to make jigs of everything and make 'zorsts in batches. Same would go for most of the other stuff on the market I would say.

Also in answer to previous question a hotdog is basically a small hotdog shaped muffler or resonator. google it they are everywhere. You basically use them in conjunction with a bigger straight through muffler if you have no space and want more quiet or instead of a propper straight through if you want more loud .

Last edited:
it seemed to give it alittle more grunt earlier, but still a slug until it get very near 2000 rpm, then there is a big improvement, it sounds abit better than stock, not getting turbo sounds, but that`s fine, i guess i`m getting old.... has cat and rear muffler, i ran it without the rear muffler pipe connected, sounded slightly louder and took as long to go from 0-120kms, so bolted it back up, no point pissing the neighbours off at 5am, besides the harley does a much better job (((-;

Hi all just joined the forum after buying a zd30 nav 06

Great resource for information.

Im looking at exhausts and great deal atm at factory direct 4x4 exhausts. Here is an email reply they sent me about a current deal. They are australian made exhausts too.

"The cost of the Aluminised system is $739 & Saul is running a special on the
Stainless in yours for $849.00..You can also purchase the muffler delete section for an extra
$49 with the stainless system

Cheers

Glenn
Phone: 0409 956 511"

hey guys, thanks for all the replies. will just go to the local for ease and knowing that it will be fitted and also if anything goes wrong i can go back easily enough.
just wondering if there is much difference between a 2.5 and 3inch...

mine is 3 in, that is huge really, beudesert make a really nice 2.75 system, alot more money than others, but you get what you pay for, can your local bloke do you one in that size? good luck, anything is an improvement over the original dump pipe.

hey guys, thanks for all the replies. will just go to the local for ease and knowing that it will be fitted and also if anything goes wrong i can go back easily enough.
just wondering if there is much difference between a 2.5 and 3inch...

Wont be much difference, but the 2.5 will be slightly quieter and less prone to knocking because more clearance around the tight spots. The 2.75 is probably a good call but can be hard to find pipe let alone mufflers in that size.

Biggest thing is to make sure all bends are MANDREL not crush bends. If he's not using mandrel bends forget about it.

Latest posts

Back