Cruise contol [SOLVED]

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbo

Reaction score
Hi guys l lost cruise control on my 550 i press cruise button and not working any ideas

Hi guys l lost cruise control on my 550 i press cruise button and not working any ideas

A few of possibilities,

• The clock spring has failed losing connection
    Your brake light switch is out of adjustment
    The set button has developed a fault

As above. I've only just removed and tested my own clock spring because my air bag light's been flashing - clock spring is busted, there's no continuity from one of the air bag wires to the pins in the bottom white connector (the other wire is ok).

Thanks guys i will check wot you guys said and let yas know how i went

Get yourself an OBD2 scanner mate, either a bluetooth one if you have an andriod phone or a wifi one if you have an iphone, they are pretty cheap with the bluetooth ones being $15 and the wifi ones being about $40-45, I keep mine in the ute all the time just in case something unexpected happens.

Then it's just a matter of looking up the code, it'll make things a whole lot quicker and easier, and end up costing you less as you'll know the exact fault.

mine did the same, it was just a crook brake light globe. disables cruise because it's a safety thing because it thinks the brakes aren't working due to the crook light or something along those lines. check your bulbs.

I’ve just replaced the neutral position switch on my 09 D40 manual STX. Cruise control now works again but now when I’m in 3rd gear the car begins to splutter when it reaches 3000rpm and does the same in 4th. And it won’t go over 3000rpm when in both gears. I’ve heard a faulty NPS could cause this. Is this true? The new switch is a genuine part purchased through Nissan.
Help anyone! I’m going away this coming weekend and would like to get it sorted before then.

Mine has stopped working too. I replaced the clock spring at $255.80 part number 255675X30A and its still not working. Replaced both brake pedal switches too on brake pedal.

I've given up. Brake lights work. Very occasionally it will work but the set light just flashes. I'm wondering if it the steering wheel angle sensor now. No fault codes and doesn't work after I clear all codes with my OBD2 tool.

Let me know if you solve this.

_

Last edited:
UPDATE.......

Well my cruise has started working perfectly again and I think that maybe it was the clock spring after all. Possibly it has taken quite some distance for the steering angle sensor to re-calibrate to centre position. I was driving on a long trip and after I stopped for fuel everything is fine again. Has been working perfectly for the last couple of weeks.

My best guess is that it was the clock spring after all and the ECU needed to relearn the steering angle centre position.....

Also a broken clock spring does not throw an error code on a generic OBDII scan tool. It might with the Factory Nissan consult OBDII tool but not sure
_

Last edited:
In the 2009 D40 (and obviously other models, like 2006-2011 D40s) the clock spring holds physical wire connections for cruise control, airbag and horn - there is no angle sensor for the steering. A break in the wire for anything but the airbag will simply look to the car like the button hasn't been pressed. For the airbag, since the airbag is tested on ECU startup, an airbag warning light will flash if the airbag is not detected.

The key in answering the question will be whether or not the 550's steering column has an ABS-like ring somewhere on it or similar that detects steering movement.

Tony behind the clock spring is a module that looks like a steering angle sensor. I cant remember what it is called but nissan price was about $500 when i priced it. The clock springs on the V6 diesels are different to the cheap ones sold on ebay. There is an extra connector. Any way cruise is working normally again soi can only think it was this and it took some time for the ecu to relearn the centre position..

_

Latest posts

Back