Weird steering issues.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tractor

Reaction score
Hi

My new (very old) Navara has a few issues that need fixing. At the top of the list is the front suspension / steering. When driving it the wheels have a mind of their own, the vechicle can be steered, but the wheels flip flop from side to side, toe in toe out.

There are two things that I can see need fixing, the steering arm mount on the passenger side is cracked, this allows some movement in the steering that should not be there.

The other issue is one of the stabiliser / sway bar mounts is missing...........zip, totally gone.

Do you think these gremlins are the issue with the steering ?

and your driving this on the road?

the sway-bar mount dont matter much with streering but the idler is just DANGEROUS

dont fix it REPLACE IT

Haha no, he's not driving it on the road, it's a paddock basher.

That photo of the passenger side is the idler arm, you will pick an aftermarket one up fairly cheaply, either that or rip it out and pull the bushes out and weld it back together. Alignment won't make a grest deal of difference where you will be driving it haha. If you're worried about the sway bar, just rip it out altogether. It limits suspension flex anyway and won't make any difference to body roll at low speeds...

The only thing I could run into with this vehicle is the shed, or any one of a million trees.

Thanks for the steering tips. I will weld up the idler arm & ignore the sway bar.

Another question - looking at images of Navara steerings, I came across some where there is a damper attached to the middle of the steering cross link. I can see a flange on my link for it but there is no damper. Are these fitted as standard or an extra ?

Last edited:
Cheers. Not likely to go beyond 2nd gear
icon10.gif

Nah, navaras never had steering dampers factory fitted. I'd say someone bolted one on at some stage...

Latest posts

Back