hi guys

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kd0603

Reaction score
Ive finally decided to bight the bullet and get rid of my 97 d22 2wd , odometer went to 999999 last week and with 424k on the clock its probaably due to become a shooting ute, still doesnt chew oil and the only thing ive had to replace on the old girl has been a starter motor, outside of the usual brakes and stuff anyway, my mate has a 2013 str 2.5 cr with 18k on the clock and it will be mine soon as he gets back to australia in november
apart from egr problems is there any thing else that i should look out for
and is filter on the egr line an option to stop it choking up

all you do the the EGR is buy a blnking plate [ no hole in center ] and fit ittp the EGR Unit end [ drivers side ] you can fit another blanking plate to the opposite side of egr tube if you want . you can also fit a Catch Can to collect any oil residue . a couple of other things which you should do is; change the engine oil and oil filter every 5k [ use genuine filter ] buy the filters off ebay for approx $25 posted. also every 10k change the fuel filter which sohould also be a genuin nissan brand plus make sure they supply you a new rubber o-ring with the fuel filter so you don,t get any leakage which can cause issues.
other than those items look after it and it will look after you, i have a 2015 model with 20k on the clock and my son has a 2013 model with 60k on the clock , both vehicles are great.

Latest posts

Back