What oil's are you using ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
castrol slx professional oe 5w-30 is Nissans recommended oil and can be used in yd25 engines with or without a particulate filter and meets API sm/cf and acea A3 B3 B4 C3 which makes it a very good oil, better than Magnatec.

My last 2 services on my 05 D22 has been with Caltex Delo 400 15W-40. I've just clicked over 60,000km and wondering if I should be changing to something different? Its the only oil I have used on the Navara so I don't have anything to compare it too. Anyone else used this oil and changed to something else? If so why?

jon i use the delo 400 aswell and it's a good oil,
i can feel the difference when i change the oil in it.

Well I bought another drum of delo400 and will keep using it. I think I will do the diffs and gearbox etc too while I'm at it.

what are you guys paying for a drum of delo 400? 20 litre I am guessing. I've always used penrite in all my cars. Penrite HPR diesel 15 in the nav

04' ST-R with ZD30
engine: Mobil Super S plus 10w40
rear diff: Mobil Mobillube SHC ID
front diff: Mobil HD 80w90
transfer
&
gearbox: Castrol VMX-M 75w85

i change engine oil & filter every 5thou, rear diff every 20thou and transfer, f/diff & gearbox every 50thou. engine oil is barely even black when it gets changed but you get a bit of engine noise around change time.

146'000 kms castrol magnatec diesel every 5000kms never had anyy mechanical issues none unless a flat battery from to much cd player counts

Renewed all my fluids today. (refill capacity in brackets)

Engine - Penrite HPR diesel 15 (6.7l)
G'box + transfer - Castrol VMX-M [5.1+2.2=7.3l)
Front Diff - Castrol EPX 80w90 (1.3l)
Rear Diff - Castrol LSX 85w140 (1.3l)

Oil's were around $200 from Repco + $50 for air, fuel + oil filters.
Just need to do the radiator when i get back from holidays

I am using Penrite HPR Diesel 5 5W-40 on my 2005 ZD30 STR (110,000k)
This is the oil that Penrite recommend on their website for my car but I notice that nobody else seem to be using it. Is there any reason I shouldn't be using HPR 5W-40?
Dean

I am using Penrite HPR Diesel 5 5W-40 on my 2005 ZD30 STR (110,000k)
This is the oil that Penrite recommend on their website for my car but I notice that nobody else seem to be using it. Is there any reason I shouldn't be using HPR 5W-40?
Dean

I emailed penrite a while back because of that. Its confusing because it says 15 in one area and 5 in the other on the website. Anyway they suggest diesel 15 in the email but also that there is no problems running the HPR Diesel 5 in those engines. If you’re happy with the HPR Diesel 5, they recommend you stay with it. Nissan genuine oil for those engines is actually a SAE 10W-40 oil, so HPR Diesel 5 (SAE 5W-40) will cover that nicely. I use diesel 15 now as its cheaper :D

Al

hi i have been using magnatec 10w40 oil in my 06 d22 for 40000 km with genuine filter nissan recommend a b3 semi synthetic oil of 10w40 grade in the zd30.changed every 5000km oil still clean when changed .cheers pappy

D22, zd30, fuchs TITAN ULTRA MC 15w-40 API CJ-4(i think will have to check). oil change interval 10,000km. unfortunatly the one we used to have (10w-40 CI-4) is no longer made. i would prefer the CI-4 grade over the DPF friendly CJ-4.

the vehicle with EGR the oil is thick and very black, the vehicle without EGR the oil is moderately black and has the consistency of new oil.

even at the $200 for 20l its still cheaper than what the local garages charge for lower grade oils.

I can get some pretty good prices on FUCHS so was thinking of trying them. the website suggests

NISSAN (Includes DATSUN)
Navara 4x4 D22, ZD30 Turbo Diesel, Manual (2001-2007)

Crankcase
TITAN SUPERSYN
or TITAN SUPER GTO 10W40
Service Refill Capacity: 6.7* Litres (see note 240)
Manual Transmission
TITAN GEAR RX 80
Service Refill Capacity: 5.1 Litres
Differential
TITAN GEAR LS 140
Service Refill Capacity: 1.3 Litres
Power Steering
TITAN ATF 4000
4WD Transfer
TITAN GEAR 75W90
Service Refill Capacity: 2.2 Litres
4WD Differential
TITAN GEAR HYP 8090
Service Refill Capacity: 1.3 Litres
NOTES
Includes Oil Filter
CG4 oils must NOT be used. Semi-synthetic 10W-40 grade recommended by manufacturer.

Just your thoughts on why the engine oil suggested is different to what you use? thanks tweake

TITAN SUPER GTO 10W40 is only CF rated. also its in the 4/5 litre containers. we get the 20l drums.
the heavy duty diesel oil is a fair bit better than the car oil they recommend.

08 ST-R 2.5 TD....
Using

Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40 ..Full Synthetic.
This engine does not have a DPF.

Latest posts

Back