GME aerials

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what the 6dB gain GME looks like on my car:

attachment.php

That's the one I have love it

Have you thought about an RFI ground independant mopole. Only 40cm high and somewhat flexible and being ground independant can be mounted on you roll bar. Height is king with UHF. I have put a heap of these on different vehicles and people love them. Not too big but a great performer when mounted on rollbars/headboards/ROPs bars.

Here's a link to one
http://www.rfiwireless.com.au/mobil...pendent-mopoletm-cd50-68-50.html#.VBpp_ngazCQ

RFI pricing is far more realistic for what you get, I had a GME on the Patrol and whilst it was OK performance, it was not great value.
It is a hollow fibreglass broomhandle with a 1.2mm vertical wire inside it and a big spring and base under it. - not worth $119.

I hated the white glare and the prominence in my field of vision so I got a 1.5" heatshrink in black and fitted it over the top. Works like a champ.

I would HIGHLY recommend a ground plain independent antenna regardless of brand, mounted as high as practical.

Those broom stick antennas an normally what they call coliner antennas. Which pretty much means a heap of short bits of wire soldered together.

Shouldn't talk about Bad JuJu you will jinx yourself and bring Bad JuJu onto yourself. ;)

I think from memory to that they come without the plug that goes into the back of the radio fitted. This is so you can get the coax thru the firewall. It's very important that the plug is fitted to the coax correctly or it will blow the radio up. The centre core wire of the coax can't touch the outer shield. Once the plug is fitted you can test it with a multi meter to make sure the wires aren't touching, this has to be done with the areal unplugged from the spring base also or it will give a false reading. Not hard to do but hard to explain. The centre wire from the coax has to be soldered to the plug also.

While this used to be the case, I think you'll find now most if not all of them have a small diameter threaded connection the same size as the cable on the end and a thread in the end of the connector that goes into the radio. So you just screw the 2 together and bobs your cross dressing aunty....

While this used to be the case, I think you'll find now most if not all of them have a small diameter threaded connection the same size as the cable on the end and a thread in the end of the connector that goes into the radio. So you just screw the 2 together and bobs your cross dressing aunty....

The small threaded fitting you are talking about it a FME connection.

I ended up getting a white GME aerial AE4703 it's 1.1m. Not too small, not too big.

View attachment 17020

I can imagine how too big would be uncomfortable, especially in small spaces (ie: carparks) and too small...well that just wouldn't work. Glad you found one just right.
You will find that your distance and clarity will be much more improved.

Ye Steve it only just fits under our carport so when I put the lift on I reckon it's gonna either just go under with only millimetres spare or it's gonna touch lol

It picks up everything so well, listening to everyone's babble around suburbia is kinda amusing lol. I've only ever used hand held prior to installing this one so the difference is amazing

Last edited:
Typical UHF conversation in BNE

Ya F(*&(kin W@$#@er
F(&(*& Off
You F&(*)& off
No You

et al.

Only turn on out of the city - or if there is a hold up on the road. The stupid kids and mud haulers makes it not very enjoyable.

Typical UHF conversation in BNE

Ya F(*&(kin W@$#@er
F(&(*& Off
You F&(*)& off
No You

et al.

Only turn on out of the city - or if there is a hold up on the road. The stupid kids and mud haulers makes it not very enjoyable.

Na there's not really any swearing it's more some guy having a conversation with himself in strange voices, making noises, playing music over the UHF. He's rather annoying lol

Bloody hell that looks tall
Watch going into carparks now⚠️
Still sets your NAV off but. Great install on the UHF as well. Neat and tidy and handy.
Well done.

Geoff

⚠️POCOYO'S V6⚠️

Haha ye i suppose it is kinda tall, the next size was taller again! I haven't tried going through maccas or in to an underground carpark yet lol

Last edited:
Back