2014 Muster Itinerary is up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathand22

Reaction score
Hello Everybody I am very happy to be posting up the OFFICIAL 2014 NAVARA MUSTER ITINERARY,
can i first of say a big thanks to everyone who is planning on coming to this years Navara muster to be held at Wombeyan Caves NSW from Friday the 31/10/14 - Sunday 2/11/14.

I would like to point out that the Itinerary is only a guide, we dont want this to be a military exercise so in most part the times given will be flexible.

Also if you would like to come before Friday and or stay after sunday you are more then welcome to do so, all that will be needed is that any extra days camping fees be paid directly to the park office.

START - Friday -

- arrive and set up camp - say Hello's and let the committee know you have arrived -

- take a look around the caves area and drop into the kiosk for a sneak peak of what the cave tours offer -

- there are many walks to do around the caves area like the " Waterfall Walk"
or if you feel like a swim you could take the walk to the "Mares Forest Creek" and cool off surrounded by the Limestone canyon from "Tinted Cave"

-You could do the Self Guided Cave Tour of "Fig Tree Cave" which will require a token from the kiosk to get in but once you go in the tour is operated by a series of sensors that will trigger the light displays and a recording explaining what it is your looking at

4pm - BEST OVERALL NAVARA COMPETITION - We are asking everyone who attends to Judge this one by way of a ballot box.

THE NAV IN MOST NEED OF SOME MODS COMPETITION this is one voted on by the committee but we will need everyones utes there early for both comps so they are eligible for the PRIZES.

It is totally up to you how you vote, if you think the best truck is the Fully stock nav that is the same as it was on the showroom floor then you can vote for it or if you think its the one with the lift and the racks, lights water tanks dual battery ect then vote for that one.
This will be your call,

I wont put the Ranger in because that would just be unfair for everyone else!! lol only kidding!!

6pm - get the fire cranking

7pm - Gather around the fire for Showbags and T-shirts - and a bit of a welcome for the committee.

7:30 - 8pm - Announcing the WINNER of the BEST OVERALL NAV COMP and THE NAV IN MOST NEED OF SOME MODS COMP Prizes awarded to the winners

8pm - and on, enjoy the fire and a few "soft drinks"

Saturday

- 8:30am-

you have a choice of,

1) a short scenic drive with Old Tony that will take around 2-3hrs taking in a few of the local sites, then return back to the caves where you can do some cave tours or swimming ect or just kick back and enjoy doing what ever you feel like.

1a) You could kick on and do a tour of your own out to Yerranderie the old mining ghost town which takes on some awesome country and ends up in the old town over looking the Burragorang Valley that now is flooded by the waters of Warragamba dam, Maps for this trip are available online, at the Kiosk, and in the Boiling Billy book 4WD TRIPS CLOSE tO SYDNEY
That trip is graded as an easy 4x4 trip that can be done in any sort of 4x4 or even soft roaders.

2) 4x4 day trip with nathanD22, this trip will leave with the others and follow them out to there last stop near Berrima, then we will be heading off for some great sites stopping at places Like Fitzroy Falls (click the links for some awesome picks) and the southern Highlands own 'Grand Canyon" this trip will have some very easy 4wding and also for the more serious some areas where they can lock it into LOW and have some fun.
we will do some small water crossings and some great rocky climbs, short but still great fun.
for those that dont want to go to hard there are other tracks around that will allow us to meet up again after the "HARD" sections.

- you will need to bring some lunch with you for this trip, it is preferable to arrive at the muster with as much fuel as possible but if needed we can stop and top up on the way.-

5:30pm - 4x4 day trip crew arrive back at camp

6:30pm 8:30pm - special after hrs Guided tour of the "Wollondilly Cave" for 20-40 people with one of the Rangers.
This guy puts on a very light hearted and at times funny tour that is a tad different to most others.
In fact he took my family and a few of our friends through a few years ago and we are still laughing about his "show" we found him to be a great guide and its why i have asked him if he would take the tour for us.

8:30pm- Back to the fire for more "soft drinks"
The winner of the MOST DISTANCE TRAVELLED will be announced and receive their PRIZE

- SUNDAY -

8:30am -10:30am- Navkahna -
this will be just up the road from camp and it is something similar to an event that is held at the Son Of Trials.

This is just for fun and anyone will be able to have a go if they want.

You will drive around a small set trail and try to get the closest to the set time as possible. The time will be set very generously so that its not about how fast you do it its about how well you manage your time.

The navkhana area is in a place where you can watch others do there run and CHEER or MOCK them as they go, it should be a good laugh.

11:30am - MONSTER MUSTER RAFFLE DRAW

TIME TO GET YOUR TICKETS OUT AND START PICKING WHAT YOU WANT FROM OUR MONSTER PRIZE POOL THAT OUR SPONSORS ARE DONATING

12:30pm - Finish speeches from the Committee and from some of our Sponsors.

We are also looking at having some of the sponsors attend so if you have any questions about their products ect they will be there to help out with those queries.

As i said guys most of that is a guide and may change before the event or on the weekend itself.

if there is anything you want to ask or add post away,

are we there yet??

Last edited:
9 weeks and 3 days to go!!
And as of this moment 65 Days 13 Hours and 18 Minutes!!!!

Last edited:
Good stuff You should be in time for the official welcome and be able to throw a vote in for the best Nav comp.

Are we there yet

This sounds like fun

Yeah mate should be a great weekend,

have you seen all the gear you can win??

we just got a Redarc DC-DC 3-way 12v charger $730 worth

and now HARROP/EATON Have given a $990 voucher for any of their E-LOCKER'S

and heaps of other stuff OPL awning , $500 ULTIMATE SUSPENSION voucher
AVENGER HID SPOT LIGHTS, COOPER TIRES Voucher the list is huge, and its all on a open table stile raffle and number plate draw ect

some of the views you can expect close to camp.

This is the exit to the self guided "FIG TREE" Cave

this is a close up of the same exit

Last edited:
this is a little spot 5min up the road we can do a little night run on and where we will do a our "Navkhana" event

This hill is much steeper then it looks, BUT in the "Navkhana" we will be coming down it not trying to go up it.

More then likely pending the time I start soft drink hour.
With the lights iv got/seen I'm going last.

Last edited:
Actually I agree.... Soft drink hour is determined on how much you throw us through in the day mate!!

Thinking friday night.

I have a few options , a short 10- 20min loop not far from camp ?

or a good hit out that could go for as long as we want about 1hr from camp?

Open to both. My guess would be most (not me) will be tired from the drive there and setting up camp. Ill be arriving Thursday and can't see why not, but let's see what the general consensus will be and go from there.

Latest posts

Back