EZDown tailgate Assist

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
EZDown Tailgate Assist
I have been trying to find someone to supply the original EZDown tailgate assist strut. Finally tracked down a company in the UK that sells a kit designed specific to the Navara rather than the Frontier.I wanted the EZDown rather than the unit from Thailand simply because of the fact that it used a Stabilus strut and doesnt rely on a single bolt/pin in the tailgate. The EZDown kit comes with a template and good instructions.I have nothing to do with the company just sharing the info. The quoted price to me is 97 pounds so around the $160 mark. The Thai units are cheaper but honestly I think the quality isnt as good
http://www.supatracks.com/ezdown-tailgate-dampers-uk.html
The guy I spoke with was Chris

I still dont understand how the tailgate is so heavy..saw the thai ones last night while doing some facebook stalking..

I'd like one but not fussed on having to drill a hole. That's what has stopped me form buying those Thai ones.
Does the kit from the UK require drilling?

The EZDown unit has been around for a few years now. The issue was that the original product was for the D40 Frontier so the hinge design is totally different. Now its a kit designed specifically for the Navara .I know they work as have seen it on friends US trucks and stops the tailgate slamming open and also makes the tailgate easier to lift to close.
Not going to be something for everyone but its something I have wanted for a while and finally tracked it down .

The unit from Thailand uses just a single bolt hole in the tailgate so lots of stress on that hole. the EZDown uses a reinforcing plate with 3 holes to spread the load and the strut is from Stabilus and they are good quality.
I got word tonight mines on the way so hopefully I will be installing it on the long weekend.
ill do all piccies etc when am installing it

I've had my 5 y.o reach up & open the tailgate, not realizing it would drop straight on his head... Lucky I was right there to stop it.
I'd definitely consider it if it slows the fall of the tailgate sufficiently

Latest posts

Back