New here

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will be the first 4x4 not going to do too much to it. Not planning on serious off road work but would love to take it off the highway every now and then

For the money they are a good rig. Just remember you are buying a work ute not a off-road weapon. With a few mods though you will have yourself a capable unit and a great tourer. Like Sparra said it depends on what you are looking at doing with it. Towing a van or doing the tuff truck challenge. They will do both just depends on have much you want to spend on it. Cheers. And welcome. Brad.

best bang for your buck ...fullstop
but they are a bare arsed ute with terrible factory suspension
I love them, be sad to see them go

Cheers guys. I probably won't be doing any towing but will definitely take it on the weekend camping trips. I love the look of the d22 and have never been a fan of the d40. Can't wait until I can get the extra coin together to get one.

best bang for your buck ...fullstop but they are a bare arsed ute with terrible factory suspension I love them, be sad to see them go

But that will make ours old classics.
As Sparra has said the stock suspension is rough as guts but cheap to fix. The D22 in my opinion is better for a few reasons.
1: It has manual locking hubs so the front diff doesn't run constantly.
2: they are stick shift transfer not a button on the dash so less to go wrong.
3: they are $10k cheaper.
The down fall is they have less power to the D40 and less bells and whistles. But that's what makes them so good, with the amount of aftermarket add on's you can build it the way you like it and make it your own.

But that will make ours old classics.
As Sparra has said the stock suspension is rough as guts but cheap to fix. The D22 in my opinion is better for a few reasons.
1: It has manual locking hubs so the front diff doesn't run constantly.
2: they are stick shift transfer not a button on the dash so less to go wrong.
3: they are $10k cheaper.
The down fall is they have less power to the D40 and less bells and whistles. But that's what makes them so good, with the amount of aftermarket add on's you can build it the way you like it and make it your own.

Hit the nail on the head!
Love my d22, always loved the look over the D40s.
Ya not wrong bout the stock suspension being rough, I need to do some work on that front and chuck a lift in

Also welcome redhead22!! You'll find all the info u need on here :)

Cheers guys. I probably won't be doing any towing but will definitely take it on the weekend camping trips. I love the look of the d22 and have never been a fan of the d40. Can't wait until I can get the extra coin together to get one.

Sounds like you are buying one for roughly the same purpose as me. I do a bit of camping, kayaking etc Didn't buy it to do any hardcore 4wding but have done some light offroad. I much prefer the look of the d22 over the d40, it has more of a ruggered, trucky look which is pretty cool. It's my first 4x4 too, I've gone from a 07 Subaru Impreza to a 2012 D22 St-r and it doesn't have all the bells and whistles as mentioned before but the way I look at it, it's less stuff to go wrong! The more technology the more $$ and problems I say.

Welcome :)

Hit the nail on the head! Love my d22, always loved the look over the D40s. Ya not wrong bout the stock suspension being rough, I need to do some work on that front and chuck a lift in Also welcome redhead22!! You'll find all the info u need on here :)

Just winding up the front torsion bars helps with the ride a fair bit. I think the harshness comes from the suspension bottoming out. Check and see if you have clean patches where the bump stops have been hitting the lower control arm. Once you get the back up a bit and then bring the front up to match it, you will be a lot better off. Soft rated shocks help to. I run rancho adjustable shocks all round on a low setting and mine rides very nice.

Cheers.

Just winding up the front torsion bars helps with the ride a fair bit. I think the harshness comes from the suspension bottoming out. Check and see if you have clean patches where the bump stops have been hitting the lower control arm. Once you get the back up a bit and then bring the front up to match it, you will be a lot better off. Soft rated shocks help to. I run rancho adjustable shocks all round on a low setting and mine rides very nice.

Cheers.

Hmmm ye I don't know how to do any of that. I'll get a mate to help me out! Thanks!

It's not hard to do but it is a process. Just make sure who ever does it that there is no weight on the torsion bars when you adjust them. Otherwise it will strip the treads on the adjusters. Just go a little at a time equally each side and keep checking as you go. A trolley jack under the front diff does the job.

It's not hard to do but it is a process. Just make sure who ever does it that there is no weight on the torsion bars when you adjust them. Otherwise it will strip the treads on the adjusters. Just go a little at a time equally each side and keep checking as you go. A trolley jack under the front diff does the job.

Thanks brad!!

Latest posts

Back