GME aerials

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navtruckchic

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can help. Where are the best places to get gme aerials from?? I know what I want but I don't know what it's called or the size but if I visually see it I know what one it is haha

Any help would be appreciated thanks

Go for a 6db that is ground independent. This has it's own loading coil at the base to form a ground plane, whereas some require the vehicle body for this. Be careful to seal the grommet when you place the coax into the cab, if not done properly it will always leak.

As happy John has said. Go the ground independent. It's a plug and play antenna and doesn't require tuning. Think of the height though. If you go into car parks or any other low areas it can become a pain in the ass. And I don't see the point of taking it off and only using it if you go away. I keep mine on all the time so I can use the UHF at any time. GME are very flexible in the way that you can buy different antennas that will screw into the spring base, so you can run a short one around town and put the tall one on if you are going away. They just plug in so very practical. Watch the macca's drive thru to. I took out a line of fluro lights once. Let's just say they weren't happy.
Cheers Brad.

Ye I think getting a gme would be more practical coz I can't run a tall one whilst I'm around town, there's too many low clearances lol
Let's face it the Maccas drive thru just wasn't made for 4bys lol

A ariel that is just higher than your ute is great, if your ariel clears when going into a underground car park you know your roof is fine

Last edited:
A ariel that is just higher than your ute is great, if your ariel clears the going into a underground car park you know your roof is fine

Good call. That's what I use mine for. If the arial fits the Nav will with room to spare.

I have a 6dB GME on the front of my car and it's 2.23m tall give or take the fraction of a mm difference caused by the burger that I did or didn't eat on the way home. Very useful for determining whether or not I'll be able to get into a carpark!

Be a little aware of what you're using the radio for. The shorter antenna is better in hilly terrain (city buildings count as hills as far as radio waves are concerned). The higher the gain in the antenna, the longer the reach of the antenna - but that's a horizontal reach, and it is quite polarised and inflexible. The 9dB antenna is really only good for outback travel or smacking fluoro lights like Navmania has done.

Interesting... I'll have a look on the net at the aerials you've named so I can get an idea of what your talking about.
Much appreciate your help

This is what the 6dB gain GME looks like on my car:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8816-resized.jpg
    IMG_8816-resized.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 189
That looks good! Thanks tony!!
I'd have to go white for sure, will go with my bullbar lol.
What's their pricing like?

I think from memory to that they come without the plug that goes into the back of the radio fitted. This is so you can get the coax thru the firewall. It's very important that the plug is fitted to the coax correctly or it will blow the radio up. The centre core wire of the coax can't touch the outer shield. Once the plug is fitted you can test it with a multi meter to make sure the wires aren't touching, this has to be done with the areal unplugged from the spring base also or it will give a false reading. Not hard to do but hard to explain. The centre wire from the coax has to be soldered to the plug also.

Try google if your not sure. There should be something to show how it's done. I could show you how in five minuets and you would be set. Hard to put into words though.

Back