What rims and tyres will fit?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonner

Reaction score
Hi all, my son just took delivery of his first car a 95 4wd diesel tray back ute and like most young bloke I guess, the first mod he wants to do is bigger wider tyres. Being his first car he doesn't have much money so second hand will be the go, can anyone tell me or direct me where I can find the information as to what will fit this vehicle?

I tried a forum search but didn't really give me much information

Appreciate any assistance / advice

It will depend on a few things like is it stock or lifted etc best go by a tire place and they will advice you

31 x 10.5 R15 will fit with no mods required on a standard D21 Diesel trayback ute. Not much clearance on the rear of the front guards though.

Without lifting the ute he might not get to far with fitting bigger tyres.

On my d21 dual cab, i fitted 2inch body lift then fitted 265/75/16's and 16inch GU patrol rims. They are 16 by 8inch and have a 0 offset.
stock rims on a 21 are 16 by 6 -40, so these sit just outside the guards, flares required.
These rims are very easy enough to find on the secondhand market.

you can lift the IFS fron by tighten the torsion bars, pretty simple job. but if you go to far over standard you will have issues with camber and cvs etc.

The easiest thing to do would be get your measure out and measure from the outside lip of the Tyre to the closest body part. then you know in theory how much bigger you can go....but it wont be much unless there is lift involved.

I have 15x7 -9 offset, 30x9.5s. There' enough clearance I could go to 31s.
Standard height Pathfinder.
Plenty guys in NZ with Terranos, fit 15x8, 0 offset and 31s.
Previous one was 16x8,with 265s

I have an 86 ute body, with a slight suspension lift. It has 15 inch rims with 31x10 inch tires. A small piece has to be cut out of the front guards to accommodate them. You have to keep in mind the clearance with the wheels on full lock and the suspension compressed.

Latest posts

Back