Spammers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old.Tony

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey guys,

For the last several months I've been logging in several times every day (except for when I've not been able to, for instance when I'm working, or at the race track). One of my jobs on the forum is to make sure we don't have any bodgey users join us.

Let me define that clearly: a "bodgey user" is someone whose sole purpose is to send spam to other members. Every now and again one of these drongos will post a big BS post on one of the threads with a bunch of links and it gets quarantined automatically - they've wasted their time - and I ban them before they can do any more damage.

However, what I cannot see (without going through everyone's individual user page for visitor messages) is if they're spamming YOUR page. If they send you a PM, I don't even have a mechanism to see it unless you report it.

So, here's the trick - if you're getting any spam at all, just report it. I'll get a message about it, I'll jump on as soon as I can and will deal with the matter.

So, it seems that some of the spammers are making visitors messages with their garbage in it. I've been through the "top ten" and removed some, but if anyone else has any, feel free to let me know - I'll make sure the accounts are banned and messages cleaned up.

Spammers are very active and I've seen many today that Tony will show the door. They now use a username that sounds normal. Such as Geoffory128. Most are overseas and once in will comment on posts and you know they have no idea what they are talking about. Then the links appear and it becomes bad.

I look after another site and we had 7 in the last 24hrs from India and the states that create an account at any time. Check your page for any visitor msg as Tony said, they may upload Spam there.

I'm seeing more spammers signing up each day, but at least twice a day I'm on the case and I get through at least 4 bottles ... they obviously don't know how easy this software makes it to ban someone (it's like a couple of mouse clicks, it's easier than fly spray).

Latest posts

Back