Moisture under passengers rubber mat.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony d22

Reaction score
Hi all,
Over the last few weeks I have noticed that the carpet is wet under the passengers rubber floor mat. The top of the mat is dry.
Not a lot but enough to start me thinking. The wet spot is just smaller than the size of a small dinner plate.

I have lifted the carpet and the floor pan is bone dry.
Could it be the heater leaking?

I do have the air con on the foot and screen setting with the AC on in the morning.
Could it be just the residual heat from that setting sweating the rubber mat?

Driver side is bone dry.

Suggestions.

Could be the aircon drain overflowing, as that's on the passenger's side. Usually the way people clean them is with a bit of wire up into the drain on the firewall from underneath. Do you see it dripping out of the drain pipe with the motor running and aircon on? If not, I'd suspect the drain, as you would normally smell coolant inside the cab if the heater core is leaking.

There is a little drainage hose (rubber 90 deg elbow) on the firewall on the passenger side down near the cat/exhaust. Check that isn't blocked with crap/mud as if that is block it can cause back flow into the passenger footwell

Yeah that pipe blocks up and then back flows under the carpet to pool in the foot well. I have read threads on it on the USA frontier forums

Had a look at the elbow pipe and it is clear as.
I folded the mat up so the front section of carpet dries out, now the section of carpet in front of the seat has moisture under it.
Trying no matt and let the whole floor dry out then will replace the matt to see what happens.
The mystery continues.

I think I found my leak.
I was parked on a steep slope with the bum in the air.
It was raining.
When I got in and closed the drivers door, a torrent of water leaked out of the headliner above the A pillar.
The rubber across the top of the windscreen has shrunk a good 10mm on each end and somehow I think the water is making it's way through the windscreen rubber.

Anyone else had this issue?
What did you do or recommend how to fix.

Hey Tony have you had any luck in fixing your leak I think mine might have a similar problem at the moment

Yes Blake.
I ended up using black Sikaflex along the top of the screen rubber and roof.

I tries peeling back the trim along the screen but it was a real pain in the arse.

Just peeled the rubber back as far as I could and squirted some between the two and finished with a nice thin bead along the roof line. I filled the ends of the rubber where it had shrunk back as well.
I used tape to give me a good edge along the roof and wiped with a wet finger to keep it smooth.
Still doesn't leak.
Neat finish.

Latest posts

Back