Brake Pads, who has changed em.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do agree with the shuddering but i thought it was cause i was using RDA discs when i replaced the pads cause as far as i know RDAs on commodores and falcons are really common for shuddering.. might grab genuine on my next set of pads if i still own the car.. thanks for clearing that up might've misled the others.. :hang2:

do agree with the shuddering but i thought it was cause i was using RDA discs when i replaced the pads cause as far as i know RDAs on commodores and falcons are really common for shuddering.. might grab genuine on my next set of pads if i still own the car.. thanks for clearing that up might've misled the others.. :hang2:
dunno who gave you that idea. i have rda slotted all round on my au falcon and don't get any brake shudder at all. the factory rotors on the other hand, you only have to look at them wrong and they warp, lol

dunno who gave you that idea. i have rda slotted all round on my au falcon and don't get any brake shudder at all. the factory rotors on the other hand, you only have to look at them wrong and they warp, lol

used to work at holden workshop and we keep having customers complaining after replacing them with RDA rotors. shudder after 3000kms since replacing. replaced with DBA ones and it was good.. maybe it was back in the days then..

Mobile Brake Guy is replacing my calipers with exchange calipers (re conditioned) to fix the piston seal.

Machining Both Front Rotors and rear drums.

Cant believe how much mud and shit get in the rear drums. Salt water has made a big mess of the drums

The price you pay i guess.........

Done and Done

$1000 later.

Rebuilt, Sand blastered and Painted Calipers
Machined Front Rotors and Rear Drums.

Found out why my Handbrake has never worked properly either. The handbrake pulley in the Rear Left was seized. Brake man managed to get it out. In an effort to rebuild and clean it up it shattered. Spoken to NIZZBITS and there isnt one in the country.

Its back on the road for now.....

Ouch. Thats gotta hurt the pocket.

Seems redulous that Nissan dont have the brake parts in the country.

I had aftermarket pads on my old navara, i got them through GSL rally sport (brisbane based business) I went for the REMSA pads which are euro made. I am very happy with them and will be buying them for my new navara once the standard ones start deteriorating. Its about $100 buks delivered for a set, they have a much nicer bite and if you need to pull up hard they do a great job with a big heavy truck thats loaded up with gear. If any of you guys want a quote for your vehicle send an email to greg at [email protected] with full details of your car including engine

Just did mine. Went to an auto wreckers who had 95% new pads waiting for me to purchase :) I dont carry heavy loads often so stock were fine again. Have a look and call around to save some cash

Iv recently changed mine with the Bendix 4wd pads for a 03 d22 str, paid $90 for them from autobarn as it seems they are the not so common set up. And im really regretting it! At first i was suspisious as they didnt have a self cleaning/venting slot in them, and they just didnt have a good feel putting them in. Gave them a run and they were very slow to pull up, shuddered a little bit and just didnt feel good. So I gave them a few good stops to bed them in, gave them a week of use to see if they got any better, nope. Still very slow to pull up even when the car is empty! So i thort as they were 4x4 I'd see if they were any better of road, nope. Too much heat, trap all the mud and sand in them and you loose breaking on the tracks, not a fun experence. Also my rotors have copped a scraping like you would not belive, lots of deep grooves in them, im now going to have to replace them too as breaking is something very critical!
Iv always been a bendix man my whole life with my other cars, but it seems they only do a decent pad for a performence car, not a Navara!
This has been my experence with them anyway!
Hope this helps others with there decisions!

Caliper pin/ post lubricants

Hello all, i am right in the middle of trying to work out an issue with the rear brakes and in doing so have decided to give the zd sum'loven ...

I have jumped right in the deap end and thought I'd give my 2003zd a 300'000k brake service birthday 😊

I did the rear shoes, new slaves, machined drums, spring kit and had the promotional valve re manufactured but yet, when shez on the stands the brakes wont stall the motor ...
So with that me thinks master cylinder! Soo kit that - all good! Brought a new booster for her too lol heyyy it a 300000k birthday..

The problem i am facing at the moment is the front calipers.. light hone and ready to fit the seal kit and find out there is 2 grease packets with the kit... now im guessing ones for the piston and seal assembly and the other is for the "float pins/posts" .

Would anyone know what goes where?

Oh and the other question i have is - with the float pins ! I didn't notice what one came from where.. one is all metal and the other has a rubber section at the end of it.
Does anyone know if the all steel one goes at the top or the bottom ? Leading or following ?

Thanks Zed

Attachments

• IMG_20180416_131022.jpg
    IMG_20180416_131022.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 54
OEM Seal kit used...Just an up date - Rx2 for pins! JP for piston seals and dust boots! Used bendix blue on backs of pads/shim plates and pad slides..
yeesss there is actually 3 brake greases to be used- so there ya go "an old dog can learn new tricks eh"

I will do a post on the brake job itself, parts number list price etc and share what info i sorced and why it's not best to use never sieze -allllllllthough i have, and did last caliper service 50'000 ks ago and the pins/posts where still sliding and hadn't siezed...lucky me !

Slider pins, rubber to top..

Last edited:
I've had mine changed. tho not by choice. front end is 2nd hand replacement after the accident. the slackers didn't bother to change the pads or anything. one side wore out just one pad.
i think the replacement pads are Bendix.

just be aware there is quite a few different pads (different calipers) for the navaras. i just happen to have one of the least common ones :(

Howdy man, that i believe is caused by slider issues. Siezed or hydro locked slider pins/posts= "wrong or incorrect packing of grease and or slider pin/post instalation".. worked that one out the hard way 😉dangit!

Second that
I put new DBA slotted t3 rotors and new bendix pads on my d40 a while ago. The pads were super hard and while there was good bite at first pressure they just didnt pull up very well.
So i swapped the pads for new genuine, much better pedal feel and stopping power, but the bendix pads had already gouged the new rotors quite badly over only a few thousand kays.
Wont buy bendix again ever, they trashed a $400 set of slotted rotors.

Latest posts

Back