frond end wheel alignment

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwinoz

Reaction score
My Pathfinder ruins front tires.
I'm on my 2nd set of new tires, and the tire shops just blames me not rotating my tire to even out the wear. I've had 4 - 5 alingments done and the front ones still wear. Even it toe in/out is sorted, pressures good.
The wear seems at each groove, the leading edge wears down and the trailing edge remains sharp.
Tire shops just say i should rotate my tires or say i must have bumped the curb or a pothole.
Rotating my tires will just get them all worn out again and disguise an alignment problem.
I understand toe in/out castor and camber, does your usual saturday morning rushed alignment adjust all 3?
Or do they assume only toe in/out is enough, and if you come back a mnth later saying your tires are wearing, the tire shop can just say you must have hit the curb?

Has anyone adusted castor and bamber in their D21 ?

Cheers

d22 is different cause in d21 we need adjusting shims but d22 has eccentric bolts ..
did it once on mine d21 but it's not a thing i would like to do again ... http://www.nissan-pickup.yoyo.pl/fo...(remont od dołu)/Steering Aligment/index.html

you do caster and camber at once but toe in/out you do after that - easiest part,
in nissan service book you have charts to select right shims but it works if you haven't cranked torsion bars,

however the problem you having maybe due to worn wheel bearings - excessive play, another thing to check is worn tension rod rubber or even damaged sockets for these rubber bushing on the frame,

Did it on all my terranos. Yes it is a bitch to do and only take it to someone who knows what they are doing. Most of the time the D21 models have too much positve camber which make them wear the outer edge but if it seemd to be scrubbing from the outer to inner edge like the tyre is pushing sideways down the road then that is toe related or more commonly worn parts.

Latest posts

Back