Light Bar location

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cessa

Reaction score
G'Day all
Thought I would separate this thread rather than jumping in on others.

For the NP300 with no Bull bar, has anyone fitted a light bar ?

If so where did you put it and how effective is it there?
I'm looking at possibly fitting it to the top of the sports bars behind the cabin. This might improve the pencil beam angle but will probably wash out the spread beam especially close up and might even create worse shadows?

Any thoughts please.
Cheers

Cessa i was thinking the same thing with the sports bar. I saw today with osram leds on ebay there is some bars. With 6 degree spot and 40 spread which should give some good longer distance

Im getting a osram 23 inch 10 degree spot 40 degree spread fitted today. Ill let you know how they go

What about in the mouth of the Front Bar?

I have had a look there and if you put one in either of the front vents, it will block a large portion of the air entering either the oil cooler or the radiator. When towing, you will need as much air as possible going through this area. Would have been good, hidden away and when turned on, the perfect location.

Thanks kickars2 - please let us know.
:blingbling:

EDIT: sorry - just re-read your comment - did you mean the front bumpa bar or somewhere else????

Last edited:
Also interested.

Was going to fit a lightbar up on the sports bar, but I'm not sure the light output in that spot would actually be any good.

Currently planning on fitting one in the lower grill.

My other option is round spotties on the sports bar.

Also interested.

Was going to fit a lightbar up on the sports bar, but I'm not sure the light output in that spot would actually be any good.

Currently planning on fitting one in the lower grill.

My other option is round spotties on the sports bar.

The catch of putting anything that overhangs or stick out slightly from a bullbar / sports bar is its now illegal for pedestrian safety. If the cops want to pull you over, this will be a good starting point.
Not that it cant be done, just need to get it done right :)rambo:legally if you want!)

Yes I was talking about the Lower Grill / Mouth of the Front bar. I didn't think it would effect the air flow too much to be honest. The Light Bars aren't too thick.

Look forward to seeing pics of people's installs

Mounting on the bar behind the cab would not comply with ADR's

Mounts nicely on the bullbar.
ARB - 6.jpg

The osram led light bar with the 10 degree and 40 degree is good. Im very happy with it. Its lighting up sign over 800m away

That sounds great. Even though its early days, do you get hindered by the light coming from up top. Is there a dark spot in front where the norm high beam ends and the spot takes over? Are there shadows?
Thanks

Nah im very happy with it. The headlights are pretty good stock so there isnt this blinding light then nothing

Attachments

• 20151129_181105.jpg
    20151129_181105.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 155

Latest posts

Back