Seat belt grabbing on incline

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve_bunkle

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just did a search and couldn't find any threads describing a similar issues. My 2006 D22 dual cab has a grabby driver's seatbelt. It won't retract when the car is on any "down" incline but otherwise is fine. I have to sometimes drive a few meters before it will come out (or to a flat piece of road) and technically am at risk of been nabbed for not wearing a belt. Does anyone know if there is any adjustment in these?

Steve

Nothing to ajust mate but over time dust gets into the workings and causes problems, there is a plastic guide that the belt will foul on. I just clean it with a toothbrush every few months. I'd pull it out and give it a good clean, particularly around the ratchet.
Cheers

i have the same problem on my d40, and the same on my d21. it's just a combination of sweat and dirt making it sticky. i pull out the belt all the way and clip it so it doesn't try and retract. then get a bucket of warm soapy water, a stiff brush and scrub away. rinse and dry!

Pretty sure they work on a big ball bearing that is sensitive to inertia. I have the same problem in my 400hp rx7 every time i give it a squirt, lol. The inertia locks it while you're pinned, and then wont let go until you suck you gut in and jiggle it to relieve the tension.

Nice tips on cleaning the belt. Gonna try those. My nav drivers belt has always been lazy to retract from new, as the chips on the door sill will attest.

Thanks for the ideas. I gave it a bit of a clean and seems to be working more consistently, even letting me retract it on the incline. I'll give it a proper clean after this rain and hopefully that will fix the issue for a while.

Pretty sure they work on a big ball bearing that is sensitive to inertia. I have the same problem in my 400hp rx7 every time i give it a squirt, lol. The inertia locks it while you're pinned, and then wont let go until you suck you gut in and jiggle it to relieve the tension.

Nice tips on cleaning the belt. Gonna try those. My nav drivers belt has always been lazy to retract from new, as the chips on the door sill will attest.

Yeah mine has been doing that too. I used to have a sheepskin seat cover so mine is probably full of sheep pubes as well...
Off topic Rabbid, but you oughta pop a couple of photos of your RX7 on your garage! Man I would love a Bathurst or Spirit R

^ Mines just a 1st gen, albeit highly modified. Very primitive vehicle compared to an FD. Still drives like an overpowered go kart though!

Latest posts

Back